A silly question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by samiam, Jan 21, 2011.

1. samiam

samiam MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    I do not remember which method I used to authenticate my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) Is there a way I can check so that I don't have to worry about SP1 wreaking havoc on my system.

And a subsequent silly question. If SP1 did wreak havoc on my system could I make it all right again with Windows Loader without having to clean install WIndows? Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

2. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    Well, if in your computer properties you can se the activation status you didn't use RemoveWAT.
    But to be more acurate use the loader, it will tell you the status of your licensing.

And in theory it's not that hard to restore your system to be able to use the loader properly.

So, go ahead!!

3. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    You can also usually press F2 before windows boots and it will take you to a loader/grub menu where you can see what loader you used lol. If you used another hack like removeWAT or another unique tool called Vader you will not get the genuine sticker in the my computer just like what Bosh said. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. samiam

samiam MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    I did not install WAT update, KB971033. It's hidden. I can see Windows is Activated in the properties window. I'll try the F2 trick and see what it says.

5. samiam

samiam MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    This is what I see on my PC and on the Windows Loader when I start it.
    (no space) img406.imageshack.us/i/screenvq.jpg/

6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Well that is normal, mine said the same thing but if you do the F2 trick it will show you a special boot screen that might give you more indication. Daz's loader really cannot say if you have a loader or not though. My the "OEM" in the PID says that it is definitely either a bios mod or a loader though lol. Mine does not say "OEM" but that is cause I used a legal MAK key. But any retail, KMS, or MAK key will not give the "OEM" in the PID though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. samiam

samiam MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    When I tried the F2 trick I just saw a screen asking me which installation I wanted to boot from and my only selection was Windows 7

8. samiam

samiam MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    SP1 installed with no ill effects to be seen. Hooray!

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    well there are some loaders that are not affected by SP1 at all. My guess if you are mainly a user of this community that you have the Daz loader installed. One thing you can do just to be safe though is to run the daz loader, select uninstall, reboot, then install the latest daz loader. I think the daz loader will uninstall most loaders and I am sure that the WATfix tool by Daz will also remove most of that stuff but I am not 100% on that lol.