A simple question on Office 2010 activation?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by zoofa, Apr 1, 2014.

1. zoofa

zoofa MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi all, I just wanted to see if I was correctly understanding the state of Office 2010 activation.

For all the PCs I have installed Windows 7 on I've been able to go the route of SLIC table in BIOS, then install vendor keys to match the SLIC. My understanding is the final result of this sort of install is indistinguishable from a factory installation.

If I'm understanding what I've read here so far, it looks the equivalent isn't possible for activating Office. It appear that the accepted solutions all revolve around having a program that periodically rearms the countdown timer, which technically seems like leaving a hack in place which isn't identical to a factory (or retail key) installation.

Maybe I'm not reading everything correctly, so here is my question: Is there any way to activate Office 2010 so that once you are done it is indistinguishable from a factory or retail key installation; with no program left running to rearm a countdown timer?

Thanks for helping clarify this!

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #1. Yep, indeed possible >>> buy a key :cool2:.

#2. Not sure what you've been reading, but most used solution would be installing a Volume License version of Office and then activate via KMS Emulator. Rearming is not that elegant though.

Check Microsoft Toolkit from my signature (the thread is for troubleshooting either). There are lots of solutions by other members here likewise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...