a themes question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by me262a, Nov 13, 2009.

1. me262a

me262a MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    I have a slide show program that allows me to save a slide as a desktop background.
    When I key in to save as background a new theme is created.
    Windows only allows three user themes and any new save writes over the last (number 3 theme).
    I would like to save more than three user themes.
    How can I do this?
    Is there a limitation on the number of user themes?

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    That sounds like more of a program limitation with the program that creates slide shows. Maybe it does not fully support windows 7 so this may be an issue. I would try another program and see if that helps at all. I know Nero Photoshow lets you do that and you can select more then 3 themes, at least I can anyway. I would try that, get the trial, and if you like it then buy it. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Cant confirm this because i never tried, but if i were to run into this situation the first thing i would try is this:

• Make 3 themes, copy them out of the Themes folder

• See if i can make 3 new ones now

• If yes, repeat the above as often as i need to

• Finally put them all back into the Themes folder

Like i said, its just what i would try so i have no idea whether this actually works or not. So just give it a try and post the result...:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pikey

Pikey MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    As far as I know , you can have as many themes as you like .. I've got 24 at the moment! .. these are listed in the 'Personalization' screen as 'My Themes' ..

Unless I've misunderstood what you are talking about ..

5. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    themes

i don't know why you need a separate program for a slide show, win 7 gives you the option to have slide shows on desktop in personalization.to save themes right click your theme and choose save to share,this may let you save more.