A woman who saved 12.000 kids in WWII almost no one knows of...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gorski, Jul 24, 2016.

1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 gorski, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    OK, it's in Serbo-Croat, so please use online translation engines. If in trouble, I will jump in to help out, if I can... ;)

But this is WORTH KNOWING!!!

http://www.lupiga.com/vijesti/zagre...vljevic-hrvatski-oscar-schindler-bila-je-zena

ZAGREBAČKA PRAVEDNICA DIANA BUDISAVLJEVIĆ: Hrvatski Oscar Schindler bila je žena

Kažu da rat iz ljudi izvlači sve najgore i sve najbolje. Jedan od sporednih likova srpskog filma 'Lepa sela lepo gore' na ovu tvrdnju postavlja pitanje: "Bogati, šta je to najbolje?" Ovaj tekst pravi je odgovor na cinizam sporednog filmskog lika. Drugi svjetski rat ono najbolje u Zagrebu je našao i liku Diane Budisavljević, žene koja je od sigurne smrti spasila 12.000 djece s Kozare i Korduna. Riječ je o najvećem humanitarnom poduhvatu onog vremena, što ga je poduzeo neki pojedinac, možda i u svjetskim okvirima. Stoga nikako ne propustite upoznati jednu od najplemenitijih Zagrepčanki u povijesti grada

[​IMG]

Schidler saved around 1200... Not a bad thing by any means - but check this one out... ;) :)

https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    never heard of her..

3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Well, now you have... ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    That woman should be immortalized for her selfless deeds. :)
    Not only in her own country, but around the world.

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Damn!:eek: I forgot NDH (Nezavisna Drzava Hrvatska), against which Nazi-Fascist political and military background she has done her glorious work!!!:eek:

Well, it is presumed one would know this, though... ;) :)

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    She indeed deserves to be better known, but.....

Looking at the Hilary/Wasserman-Schulz happening in Philly, is there not right now a more urgent subject that people should be thinking about?

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Nah, it's just you!:rolleyes:

Only you can't see there is always time for people like her, as well as all the rest of current affairs... But conservatives no longer surprise me with their black-white metaphysics...:)

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

On Monday , 13 October 2014, a park was Vienna opened dedicated Diana Budisavljević that at least 12,000 in World War II children rescued the Ustasha camps.

Diana Budisavljević will of the many Serbs with Oskar Schindler compared. The married to a Serbian surgeon Austrian lived in Zagreb, where they rescued from the death camps of the Ustasha during the Second World War about 12,000 children, mainly of Serbian origin. This great woman was now dedicated in Vienna Josefstadt a park.

At the opening and unveiling of a plaque on 13 October 2014 commemorating the deeds of Diana Budisavljević were Martina Malyar, District Chairwoman of the ninth district of Vienna, Pero Jankovic, ambassador of Serbia and Vladika Andrei, Bishop of the Serbian Orthodox church Austria-Switzerland -Italy. the project by the Serbian educational and cultural association "Prosvjeta" and in cooperation with the youth organization of the SPÖ was initiated implemented.

"Serbs feel accepted here"

"The visible signs of remembrance for Diana Budisavljević here in a park showing the great connection between diverse peoples and states. I am very proud that the Serbian community is approached us, or I would never find out about this great woman. She is a shining example that we should live in peace with each other, "said District Chairwoman Malyar.

"Such a mark in the public space, is a signal that we are accepted Serbs in Austrian society," said Srđan Mijalkovic the association Prosvjeta in an interview with the magazine KOSMO. "We are an integral part of this city, and we hope to participate in all areas of society," said Mijalkovic.

KOSMO / Journal Spoji!

Source: spoji-magazine.com

Link

Translation isn't too good :D

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    But a cool contribution! :)