Abit AW9D-MAX - help downloading

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dapjukebox, Jul 8, 2008.

1. dapjukebox

dapjukebox MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2008
  2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dapjukebox

dapjukebox MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2008
    Excellent, thanks very much for that.

Keep up the good work.

4. dapjukebox

dapjukebox MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2008
    Success!!!

As a follow up the file flashed ok and vista ultimate installed and activated.
    100% sucess!!!

Thanks very much to the bios experts.

5. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    Abit AW9D-Max

Your welcome, Fzeven was the modder and he did a grand job on this bios. Even worked on x64 when i tested it, although i not use x64 as none of my games seems to like 64bit lol.

I prefer HP as my recovery/restore dvd for my laptop works perfectly on this board, just need to install my drivers off Abits website for Vista and all is running smoothly :D

mx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I too have this Abit board but i am not having any luck in getting it to activate.

I downloaded the BIOS file from this thread. Used AbitFlashMenu to flash under windows..Vista..
    Is this wrong.
    Do i need to make a floppy disc with the modded .bin file on and boot from floppy then flash.

Can i ask "dapjukebox" which Abit OEM files you have put on the Install dvd.

I am doing summet wrong and cant figure it out..Yet..

Any/all tips are most welcome..

cheers..

tn..

7. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #7 mxman2k, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    DID you install the cert and serial???

Easy to overlook, no condescending or anything ..:eek::eek:

9. Jonathan42

Jonathan42 MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2013
    I would like to find a place where I can download the bios update for my Abit AW9D -Max. The links above are no longer working. I'm currently running the one from 9/15/2006 and the updated ones I've looked at are from 01/2008 and 03/2008.

Another question I have is this - they show only version 15 for my E6600 (Jan 2008) so should I stop there or should I install Bios update 17 (March 2008)?

Since it seems their site has very limited information and the links to the US support are gone, I can't find where to get the bios from. Oh, their download links for these and the flash bios utility all download files that are 1K so they're useless.

Any download links to the bios are seriously appreciated.

Jonathan

10. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I can help here.

I no longer have this board but somewhere in my archive of discs I know I have all the files for that board. The BIOS files, original and modded. Plus all the drivers too.

Right now though it is time for me to hit the hay and catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZ's.
    Later on when I get up if nobody else has linked the files I will do so.

Cracking board by the way. I sold it on to my mate an it is still going strong.