about HD PVR 5720-SX

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by indika123, May 18, 2014.

1. indika123

indika123 MDL Novice

May 18, 2014
    Hi,
    my name is indika, from denmark,im new member, i have hd pvr 5720-sx satellite box.have two boxes.
    One box is working,i bought canal digital package,they gave to me hd pvr 5720-sx box,its working,one of my friend gave to me same box.old time he useing for canal digital,but now he not using canal digital,he gave to me that hd pvr 5720-sx box,

i need to using one box for my bed room,my friend gave box is some trouble,when i connect the all cable correctly,but not showing signal level,i feel some softwere trouble,i m calling to canal digital,they said that box is defect,i need to fix that box.i think need sofwere update,i dont know how to do that,please help me to fix

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    The vendor, Canal Digital, told you the PVR is defective. Do you not believe them? Did they offer to repair it for a price you can not afford? If it is truly a hardware failure, no software can repair it.

Is the cable the only source of communication for this PVR? If there is no USB or memory card slot, then there is no way to input any form of software. Also, I could not find any software/firmware for it, but was limited to searching in English. Good luck, but again, a hardware failure can only be repaired with hardware. (If you dent the fender of your car, there is no way to repair it with software).

And welcome to MDL forums!