Accer 5920g Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by red-armada, Feb 11, 2012.

1. red-armada

red-armada MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2012
    Is there any chance to work properly an Acer aspire 5920g? I mean after format and 5 days of use the laptop is so slow.. is there any special acer driver or some specific activation method?

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yes, it's called Vista 64b SP2, with all the drivers written for it - working well!

DAZ loader should work with it. Am about to try it myself, once again..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Sorry, I respectfully have to disagree from past experience... Maybe, just maybe drivers for 7 are now better and there is more of them but... Keep in mind the machine has 4GB memory.

Vista has/had better drivers for this machine - I am writing from it - and runs/used to run better and faster [booting and powering down, for instance, was an obvious case in point] than W7. TESTED! Moreover, I couldn't find the drivers in some cases and the machine was not fully functional, back then - keyboard, for instance. There were issues with touchpad, too...

I am about to re-do it and I will report back...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    I respectfully confirm what acrsn said: do a clean W7 install, you'll be far better off

5. red-armada

red-armada MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2012
    thank you very much !! i will try it right today! :) :) :)

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Finally back from some traveling, so can respond...

This, I would suggest, blows this argument out of the water...

Moreover, as I wrote, drivers for Vista are more comprehensive, so one gets full functionality with it...

I have installed XP PRO Corp SP3 for kids on my son's 5920G, then Vista Ultimate 64b SP2 and Qimo Linux for kids. Soon, Edubuntu.

Will report more later on but for now I see Vista SP2 performing more than fine!

Btw, after a whole day of working in 30'C memory usage is 57%...