Accidentally deleted windows 8 user account

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jazz Like That, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Jazz Like That

Jazz Like That MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2012
    Here is what happened.

I went to administrator tools > Computer management > Local users and groups > Users.

Now I double clicked on the main user account. Then I switched to the 'member of' tab. I deleted the things whatever present over there.

Then I restarted the system. Now I can only see Guest account. My main account is not visible there to login.

I have no other account except Guest account. So I logged into the same but I cannot re enable the main account from here. Or I cannot create any new account from here.

But it seems I have the built in administrator account enabled. Screenshot attached. I tried to restore my system. To do so it asked for the password of this administrator password. But I did not set any administrator password.

So I'm stuck here with a Guest account. Please help me.

By the way my main account is not deleted permanently. Screenshot attached for the same.

The same question I posted on some other site: xda-developers dot com showthread dot php?t=1920566

Attached Files:

2. Jazz Like That

Jazz Like That MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2012
    Like I said it asked for me for a password to enter into the admin account. I tried many passwords yesterday. But no success.

Today I tried to enter into it without typing any password and to my surprise it let me in. I never guessed it would be like this.

I restored my system and everything is fine now.

Problem solved.

3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    That's exactly what I was going to suggest. If you don't have a password, try it without a password. :D Glad you figured it out and it worked for you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...