Acer 4810t - Latest Official Bioses - Is these now Actually Slic 2.1 Official ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Svend Rugaard, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    #1 Svend Rugaard, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Anyone plz help :)

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Just download the correct SLIC tool for your Bios (AMI, Award or Phoenix/Insyde/EFI Tool).
    Then open the bios in the appropriate tool and a pop-up will tell you if it has SLIC 2.0 or SLIC 2.1.

4. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    As i try to explain on the start off the topic (Maybe i do it wrong, my english isnt good) .. But
    .. The BIOS have since 1.28 i think got 2 Pubkeys - If i test a Slic 2.1 one of the says good and one says bad .. its the same issue with these versions ..

As i try to explain on topic start was that if i tried to install cert and key for the slic 2.1 it didnt activate, and slic dump toolkit say it was 2.0 ... I have as i also try to explain in start found a modded version of 1.30 made original for 4810txz or something but its the same bioses., but

I wont install a Bios if i then need to reflash , again , because it go back to 2.0 Slic even the BIOS shows 2 pub keys , and vice versa .. So my question was if someone could say if it would stay as 2.1 if i reflash or it will go back to 2.0 and / how to activate the pubkey wich it says veried OK for with a Cert for Acer-NEW , both in Slic Dumptoolkit and Insyde / Phoexnix flash tool. And this was the same thing i says before i installed this modded bios. I dont know exactly what i have to look for to see if its active or non active.

Remember my Computer is "borned" with Vista Home Premium, and upgraded free to Windows 7 .. But as it is now, i have install Windows 7 as Dual Boot on VHD because i have Activated Win 7 Home Premium x86, but could i know this official bios is SLIC 2.1 active then i would actually keep my settings until reinstall where i would activate my Windows 7 just as x64 version with my Origal key, and then install Windows x32 Ultimate x86 as VHD, because in this way, i would better a little more out of Windows x64 if its not Virtual Install on VHD.

5. natalic

natalic MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Did it by hand

To anyone looking, I hacked the bios already, look @ my thread: threads/16985-Acer-Aspire-4810T-SLIC-2.1-Modded