Acer 4810t - Latest Official Bioses - Is these now Actually Slic 2.1 Official ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Svend Rugaard, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    #1 Svend Rugaard, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    Anyone plz help :)

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    Just download the correct SLIC tool for your Bios (AMI, Award or Phoenix/Insyde/EFI Tool).
    Then open the bios in the appropriate tool and a pop-up will tell you if it has SLIC 2.0 or SLIC 2.1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    As i try to explain on the start off the topic (Maybe i do it wrong, my english isnt good) .. But
    .. The BIOS have since 1.28 i think got 2 Pubkeys - If i test a Slic 2.1 one of the says good and one says bad .. its the same issue with these versions ..

As i try to explain on topic start was that if i tried to install cert and key for the slic 2.1 it didnt activate, and slic dump toolkit say it was 2.0 ... I have as i also try to explain in start found a modded version of 1.30 made original for 4810txz or something but its the same bioses., but

I wont install a Bios if i then need to reflash , again , because it go back to 2.0 Slic even the BIOS shows 2 pub keys , and vice versa .. So my question was if someone could say if it would stay as 2.1 if i reflash or it will go back to 2.0 and / how to activate the pubkey wich it says veried OK for with a Cert for Acer-NEW , both in Slic Dumptoolkit and Insyde / Phoexnix flash tool. And this was the same thing i says before i installed this modded bios. I dont know exactly what i have to look for to see if its active or non active.

Remember my Computer is "borned" with Vista Home Premium, and upgraded free to Windows 7 .. But as it is now, i have install Windows 7 as Dual Boot on VHD because i have Activated Win 7 Home Premium x86, but could i know this official bios is SLIC 2.1 active then i would actually keep my settings until reinstall where i would activate my Windows 7 just as x64 version with my Origal key, and then install Windows x32 Ultimate x86 as VHD, because in this way, i would better a little more out of Windows x64 if its not Virtual Install on VHD.

5. natalic

natalic MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Did it by hand

To anyone looking, I hacked the bios already, look @ my thread: threads/16985-Acer-Aspire-4810T-SLIC-2.1-Modded