Acer aspire 1600 BIOS UUID problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by banteras, Jun 11, 2010.

1. banteras

banteras MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    First of all excuse me if i post in the wrong place..
    I have an acer aspire 1603LC(1600 series) from my brother and trying to fix a problem with the ati mobility radeon 9600 card...
    The story begins with a cpu upgrade my brother had and he wanted to upgrade bios for hyper threading support. All went well with the bios upgrade procedure but after a while he noticed that the ati card reported 32mbyte ram instead of 64mbyte. So we started trying different bios version again to see if it was a bios error..
    After many testings we discover that the only bios revision that show 64mbyte was the latest one (rev. a1e) but with corrupted screen(many artifacts, could hardly see) and it wasn't a driver error because the artifacts where there since you boot up the laptop..
    So started searching again and i found that the bios uuid was 000000....00000. This was from the first bios update my brother had but he didn't thought was important so he didn't told me.
    After searching for hours i found out that without bios uuid the laptop could not work right so i believe thats the reason for the ati 9600 problem.
    I tried to do a bios update with ph161700.exe with the /uuid parameter but nothing happened... The bios update procedure runs fine, it reports a new uuid number but it doesn't update the dmi. So when i go into bios setup i have again the 0000 uuid...
    Can anyone plz help me??
    p.s. excuse my bad english, it's not my native language...