acer aspire 3500

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by tonyrjkdavis, May 9, 2010.

1. tonyrjkdavis

tonyrjkdavis MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    Hi guys ,got an acer aspire 3500 with couple of probslems and was wondering if any of you might have some advice...
    Problem 1
    CD drive does not read any cd's (or dvd's) although I can hear the drive spinning and it seems like it wants to read the disc but seems to be going round in circles (excuse the pun)!!!. Light comes on also on the cd tray.

Problem 2
    When I switch the laptop on it boots up normally and shows the Windows logo all nice and clear but when it loads the screen starts going haywire flickering and flashing.If I push down on the laptop near the keyboard left or right the screen comes back to normal.Think this must be a loose connection but was wondering if anyone knew where to start looking.Runs perfectly normal if I plug in external lead to TV.

Many thanks,Tony.

2. jogaler

jogaler MDL Novice

May 10, 2010
    Regarding your first problem I think that you need to change your drive. There is a life of each and every hardware and its life is over.
    The second problem is I think you had a problem of some magnetic distortion. This happens if there is some magnetic field is there near your screen. Try to relocate the place and check it out.

3. tonyrjkdavis

tonyrjkdavis MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    Thanks mate for the advice...will change the drive and move the laptop around and see if it makes any difference.
    Regards,Tony.

4. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    i think its a common problem with these models of dvd drive, mines broke, my mates broke and guy at works broke, we all have similar model laptop
    mine somtimes used to work if i clean the lens, but very rare it works now

also
    google model number service manual see if you can find one, i.e "aspire 3500 service manual" and check your lcd connector

5. tonyrjkdavis

tonyrjkdavis MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    ok mate ,thanks for the advice!!