Acer Aspire One Happy2 upgrade to intel wireless-ac 7260 + bluetooth having trouble

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by e-mac-u-lit, Feb 20, 2014.

1. e-mac-u-lit

e-mac-u-lit MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2014
    I need the help of someone who knows more than me, please.

I have an Acer Aspire One Happy2 (funny name) netbook and I really like and use it a lot. I have installed windows 64 bit and 2gb of ram (max it will handle) and it has worked fine for almost two years. I just upgraded to an intel wireless-ac 7260 + bluetooth pci-e card and the computer will not connect to wifi. I first installed the bluetooth and then the proset/wireless software and drivers and shut down and installed the new intel card and rebooted the netbook. The bluetooth works and connected to my phone and headset right away, but there is a red X across the wifi signal bars on the right of the taskbar. When I open network and sharing center and then open change adapter settings, it shows that the bluetooth is disconnected with a red X and that the intel 7260 wireless is enabled and has five green bars of signal... Exactly opposite of what is happening and what the taskbar shows from the desktop. I have verified that everything is physically correct, so it must be a software issue I think..? I have ready that it may have to do with a whitelist on my bios, but I really don't know what to do next.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!