Acer insyde bios modding help!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by sdream, Mar 12, 2010.

1. sdream

sdream MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    Hello! I have an Acer 4810TZ. It's already been flashed with the v1.33 bios. After reading many articles and threads concerning the intergration of SLIC and the activation of VT (in some Vaios), i've been trying to make my own mod. I have the latest version of ezh2o. I want to update the video bios module. In the latest intel drivers (that's for the zip version) there's a vbios. I want to update the vbios module of the bios.I have found which module is.But when ez2ho tries to replace it, it says there's no free space (avail.space: 59kb needed space: 64kb).Is there any chance of updating that module?
    Thank you! :biggrin:

2. sdream

sdream MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2009
    #2 sdream, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    (OP)
    After a lot of searching, i have finally sorted it out. My new vbios version according to Intel Media Accelerator driver, is 1983 (from 1773) :biggrin: .I don't know why, but my bios shows VGA VERSION: 9. Hopefully everything's working good till now. The bad thing is, that i lost the laptop info, such as S/N UUID etc. I was trying to restore them by using DMI but with no success. DMI hangs by displaying "Waiting". I've tried many DMI tools with no success either. Is there anyone that can help me? Any help is appriciated. ;)