acer tablet w3 810 problem

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Aden Tengoku, May 12, 2014.

1. Aden Tengoku

Aden Tengoku MDL Junior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    i recently got problem with tablet wont turn on when i press power button it flashes ...it keeps doing it until i plug in charger then it starts up only when its Fully Charged with charger plugged in
    the tablet charges normally orange=charging / blue= charged
    note: please don't tell me to contact costumer thing my country dosnt support such stuff :Flush:

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Battery is dead

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 pisthai, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    It's the Power Regulator chip on either the MB or the Battery. Don't know the Acer Tablet Hardware, could just tell that I'd similar with an Eken P90 Tablet and there it was the Power Regulator Chip on the MB. I also had similar with an Aigo Tablet and here it was the Power Regulator Chip on that small PCB which is part of the Battery.

Best would be if you visit an Acer Service Center, special if you still have warranty for the device!

Edit: forget to mention that those Power Regulator Chip are very needed for LiPo (Lithium Polymere) Batteries not to get over charged which would result in an explosion of the Battery!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Aden Tengoku

Aden Tengoku MDL Junior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    yesterday i left tablet charges when i today wook up tried turn it on nothing happened i know its charged tried clicking the power button its not even flashing
    there is no support i already told you but anyway if battery is dead then why it wont turn on with charger pluged in ? and is there any possibility of fixing it?

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That at least you could contact the support of Acer via the Internet and ask them would be the best to after giving them all available details? Also, is there still warranty on that tablet?

Many tablets will not turn on if the Battery isn't working! For to startup they need a minimum of power available which wouldn't be enough from the charger power only! Same happen to many Android/ARM phones as well.

So and again, contact the support of Acer either directly or via the Internet!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. XRobRoyX

XRobRoyX MDL Junior Member

Nov 17, 2012
    #6 XRobRoyX, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    This is for a laptop, overlooked that it was a tablet he needed help with, sorry.

You should try this well known fix for several issues with power on.

1. Remove power adapter and battery.
    2. Remove any accessories - keyboard and other
    3. Hold down Power button for 15 seconds.
    4. Connect in the Power adapter.
    5. Turn on PC (let it start up and shut down)
    6. Put in the battery and start again

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The OP has an Tablet and NOT an Laptop! What you describe is working for Laptops but Tablets!

And just to mention: if the Tablet is still under warranty, in the same moment the OP open it up and disconnect the battery, the warranty is gone! The Op still could send the Tablet (if it's still under warranty) to the country where he bought it from, for service!

8. XRobRoyX

XRobRoyX MDL Junior Member

Nov 17, 2012

Ups:eek: my mistake, did not notice that it was a Tablet, sorry.