Acronis Disk Director 12.0 Build 3270 won't install on win 10 pro x64

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by cupster, Jan 9, 2016.

1. cupster

cupster MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
  2. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cupster

cupster MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    Thank you very much for your response WaltC. You are right I do not have the 2010 C++ SP1 installed, so I guess they are not included in routine windows updates.

May I ask how you concluded that lacking the the 2010 C++ SP1 update was the issue?

Also are C++ updates not included with regular windows updates, so it is the users responsibility to make sure that their machine is current?

Thanks again for the guidance.

I will attempt the suggested fix and report back.

4. cupster

cupster MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    As it turns out 2010 C++ SP1 was already installed, just does not say SP1 in the programs listing. The fix mentioned in post #2, did not help and the exact same error resulted upon installation.

Now I will spend the next several hour hours restoring all the Acronis products back to normal.

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Try a repair in case something was missing:

In ADMIN Cmd Prompt Type

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

When you use the /CheckHealth argument, the DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is non-repairable, you should discard the image and start again. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image.
    If image is repairable:

With ISO Media in CD/DVD tray: (The same media you installed image with) Type in ADMIN Cmd Prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:M:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    press enter on keyboard, wait for it to finish--M would be drive letter of your CD/DVD tray, remember to change M to your CD/DVD drive letter.

After that in ADMIN CMD Prompt run sfc /scannow
    to is just to make sure all is well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cupster

cupster MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    Thanks Lobo11 for taking the time to respond. I found similar directions in an Acronis forum and tried what you suggested. Everything turned out to be fine, and I still got the error.

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    You may want to send Acronis a E-mail and ask for their help?:D

8. cupster

cupster MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    To anybody experiencing the same issue. The answer is apparently in the Acronis software. One has to uninstall all Acronis software, run the Acronis clean tool, and then reinstall the Acronis products in order from oldest to newest.

This method apparently worked for some and not others, I am sticking with my current arrangement because if the above method does not work, ADD cannot be reinstalled.

Also Nova-s suggested this exact method for me and it did not work, so it is not 100%, but it has worked for some folks.

9. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Seems like you could boot to Acronis during reboot, put on copy or image that was good, this way you would have never entered Windows 10 airspace :D