Acronis True Image 2015

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by HORIZONTAL THINKER, Jun 4, 2015.

1. HORIZONTAL THINKER

HORIZONTAL THINKER MDL Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Hi guys,

We've got a paid version. And this software "hangs" (fails) on any/every re-boot.

Please, if anyone can elaborate. Do so :)

8.1 seems to be its Nemisis.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Need more info. What is the system setup? X64, X86. UEFI, Bios Legacy? Secure boot, on or off? MBR or GPT, Acronis Media is it x86 or 64 if applicable. things like these are useful.

3. JameandBennie

JameandBennie MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm using acronis true image and free easeus todo backup. Both works perfect for me.
    One for system backup and one for network shared files backup.
    If true image hangs, u can also try free todo backup.

4. mollex

mollex MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    I have no problems on version 10130 :D

5. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Acronis was great back then when MBR disks were the most used but when GPT disks began showing up on new systems and especially UEFI systems, I was able to backup the GPT partition just fine after buying the additional add-on which allows GPT disks but never succeeded with restoration. always starts and never succeeds. Since then I switched to Macrium Reflect Pro (now called the Home Edition after recently being upgraded to v6) which supports everything under the sun no problem, MBR, GPT, RAID, you name it. Never failed me once.

You can also use the free version of Macrium Reflect which has the same functionality of the paid version but the only difference between paid and free is with the free version, you can create a backup while in Windows just fine, but to restore the backup, you have to create a Macrium Reflect Resecue disk to boot up from it and initiate the restoration. The paid version allows you to add a startup entry to your boot options so when you do want to restore, the system will automatically restart into the rescure environment and start the restoration. Otherwise they're both the same, effective with no bloat like Acronis has now become, cloud storage and backup and so many extra services that come installed with Acronis.

Another thing I don't like about Acronis is it's like a yearly subscription, every year you have to buy a new version or upgrade if you want to benefit from the latest features but with Macrium Reflect you get a free upgrade for 1 year and they don't usually upgrade the main program version often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. GTK48

GTK48 MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Macrium Reflect is a far superior product.

7. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008

I use both Macrium and Acronis. But I don't think you know what you are talking about. You did not even mention what version of Acronis you used that could not successfully restore your disk image. Of course if you use your old version of Acronis from the MBR age it won't work on GPT/UEFI. I never heard of any Acronis plugin for UEFI/GPT. Instead, you need to use newer versions, say 2014 or 2015 version in order to work for UEFI/GPT and secure boot. I have been using Acronis for more than 10 years on more than 50 PCs, and never had any problem.

Macrium is OK but its compression and speed sucks as compared to Acronis, especially you have quard core I7, because Acronis can utilize all CPU cores to do the compression. The final image is also much smaller than the ones by Macrium.

Do you know that both Seagate and WD provide free OEM version of Acronis TI to their customers? There is a reason they did not chose Macrium.

I don't understand why there are so much hype of Macrium. It's an OK product but that's it.

I am not a fanboy of either product. Just my experience to share. BTW, fanboy-ism is pure stupidity.

8. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    acronis good for me no problem with last version

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
  10. wladw

wladw MDL Member

May 7, 2015
    I use both products , they are really good.

11. soldierteam365

soldierteam365 MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2015
    I have use true image version 10130 and it's no anything problem happen :D :D

12. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Using latest version of Acronis and no problems so far...