Acronis True Image question

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by myamar, Oct 28, 2010.

1. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi guys, as I have been using this app for just 2 days I would like to ask one thing. First let me start with:

on my laptop I have disc wih 4 partitions:

1.) System partition with Windows 7 installed
    2.) another NTFS partition (with Datas and my Docs)
    3.) ext4 partition for Ubuntu
    4.) swap partition.

Today I did backup of my first partition with Win 7 installed (C:). I wanted to know, if I format this partition (but I don't change size of this partition) will I be able to use Acronis Recovery (from USB) to fully recover my Win 7 backedup installation?

Tjx for any reply :)

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yes you can as long as you only delete the same partition that you backed up. If you delete another partition though you might not be able to boot the OSes afterwards. As for USB booting, as long as your computer supports booting from USB devises it does not matter what you do to the hard drive. Hell you can take that hard drive out entirely and still be able to boot into the USB but that would really not be useful lol. Just make sure that in your bios that the boot priority is set to the following:

Boot 1: CD/DVD
    Boot 2: USB or Removable Storage
    Boot 3: Hard Drive

Just like that, that is how my computer bios looks and I can boot USB keys all day long haha. Good luck dude.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. myamar

myamar MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Thx a lot mate for reply :) And yes, I know how to set boot options (as I install Win 7 only from USB :)). Thx a lot again !