Acronis updates download location

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by genenioo, Jun 14, 2016.

1. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    Does anyone know where the "temp" file would be stored when Acronis downloads an update for an internal update of 2016 True Image? Seems like it took up a lot of space on my drive and I'm not sure it self-deleted after the update, like I assume it should. I've looked everywhere and have run disk cleanup as well as CCleaner. Using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Thanks in advance!

2. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    look in the C:\Program Data hidden folder under the Acronis folder if you can find it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    Apparently not but thanks! The whole folder is only 7.26 Megabytes.

4. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    I ditched Acronis a while ago. This software worked fine backing up the OS disk. But upon restore, it borked my computer. All I had was a un-bootable computer sitting there. Happened on both of my desktop computers.

Fortunately I have a disk image made by Terabyte Image for Windows/Linux which saved my ass.

5. Runs[with]Scissors

Runs[with]Scissors MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2016
    While it takes twice as long, Acronis users should check the "verify image" option. Glad you had a "save my ass" alternative available.

6. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    Yes I did check the images on both of my desktop computers and they turned out to be fine. I think something is wrong with the program that borked the whole disk restore of the OS drive.:p

7. Runs[with]Scissors

Runs[with]Scissors MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm using ATIH 2014 and I always run it from bootable usb flash drive. Never did trust running on a "live" system.

8. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    I long ago used to verify Acronis True Image files but now a days it can't verify , so I stopped verifying Backup images. Just Make a Backup Image, I am good to go. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...