Act now! You only have this weekend to save your free OneDrive storage before .......

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Jan 30, 2016.

1. windrider

windrider MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2010
    Lol I just checked and I have 30GB as well. I vaguely remembering hearing about this, and must have done it already.

2. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    #22 MrG, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    I use OneDrive & have since I tested it for MS.
    Currently I have 40GB (15+10+15) of free space & haven't used over 500MB of that.
    Mostly I use it when I take surfing photos of my friends (Hi Res) @ 5MB each photo.
    After separating the subject(s) by name I find the best ones (IMO), crop, resize & rename them then mail the cropped one to the subject.
    I also offer to give them all of the full sized images, if they want them.

That's where the One Drive comes in as I can upload them to the cloud, give them the link & step-by-step to DL them.
    I ask they let me know when done then I delete them from my OneDrive, this has worked very well for me.

I also use it for emailing video Christmas cards (w/ audio) that I create from my vacation photos & send a link to my family & friends can DL or just view it.

I plan ok keeping it!

Edit: I also shoot videos of my friends surfing that I edit w/ Premiere Pro & upload them too, to make available to them, way easier that having them bring a flash drive to the beach.