activated but windows genuine check fails

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by win7Brian, Feb 8, 2014.

1. win7Brian

win7Brian MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2014
    I tried to download XPmode and the windows genuine check failed This may well be a result of reinstall after wubi dualboot kubuntu win7 that was genuine and fully operative I have a copy of win7 diagnostic report but cannot post it here directly

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Why not? Just mask the links in the report and you'll be fine. You can't post links, yet.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Genuine check or are you not activated any more If you were using Daz loader then perhaps your wubi dualboot has interfered with Daz boot loader.

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    That's likely it. WUBI will chainload bootmgr, so it's skipping the loader.

Try installing the loader with the option selected to preserve the current boot code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. coast123

coast123 MDL Novice

Dec 26, 2011
    Did you see if you had any other Cr**ks on it or hacked copies of windows. If so download a copy of windows 7 sp 1 genuine and then install the loader. If you go to google and type in the search box, Windows 7 SP 1 ISO direct downloads you will most likely see one from digital river click that and save the iso. NOTE: it does take about an hour on a good internet connection and less than 20 minutes for me with my isp. My isp is charter if you are wondering. Once the iso is downloading burn it to a dvd NOTE cd-R and CD-RW will not work as the file is over 2 gigs or use a program called Rufus, it's a free tool that allows you to burn iso images up to 50% faster than other image burner applications, best of all it's free.. CD-R and CD-RW will only hold up to 700 MB which is just enough to install Windows XP SP 3(Genuine Version not modded but way too small for making a bootable Windows 7 Installer/Installation disc)