Activating Microsoft Windows 8 Pro with media center for free with legitimate key!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by udit247, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e_sentinel

e_sentinel MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2009
    I think, the best way to avoid any activation errors is by restoring the Store content in the exact same condition as the previous installation. If the backup was made right away after the activation on a clean operated Windows 8, then the restoration should be made in the exact same situation. If the backup was made after a certain drivers or software installations, then the restoration should take place in the exact same spot.

2. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    That makes since

I used Winrar then unrared it? I wonder if thats the cause?

3. pramodm

pramodm MDL Member

Aug 10, 2012
    That would absolutely not affect the integrity of your data tokens in any way. :rolleyes:
    How did you back up your tokens anyway? Using Josh's ATM tool or manually?

4. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    #1185 slyfox30, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    i copied and pasted the STORE folder to my desktop.Then raRed it and then uploaded to the skydrive. is there more than the store folder now?
    Im going to delete every cookie then try to use new emails to get more keys to test

5. JorgeLopez

JorgeLopez MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, it's alright. I don't know if the method stopped for everyone or if the problem is just affecting me and a couple others. I've been scanning through the thread and it pops up a couple of times with no real solution (afaik)

6. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    Increment in data.dat file is quite normal, every time you input a key it gets stored in the data.dat file,windows dose not replace the data.dat file unless it is missing in the store folder, if a data.dat file is present in store folder it appends the data.dat file with latest activation details. so this has nothing to do with your inactive state.if you can explain your method we may come to a conclusion.

to check i installed win 8 pro in VM then activated with KMS then upgraded to WMC and activated via DATA.Dat swap method successfully.

Did you make sure that you copied the data.dat along token.dat? and also is there any change in your hardware,including drivers from the activated state and now . The only way the backup activation file to work is matching hardware hashes.

7. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    #1188 slyfox30, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    Yes,, I copied all the files in the store file..I dont know if this makes a difference but the first usb boot drive i made was WRZ copy and the second one I used was the original one. had a different hash? maybe thats the problem. In this STORE folder it has a tokens.dat and a data.dat and cache

8. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
  9. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    The end of one crisis, the start of another :wiggle: :aerobueke:

That would be how to activate WMC tried/used keys...:mml:

10. quinotto

quinotto MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
    hi all, this is my experience with windows 8 pro, as 2012-01-03

A customer machine came with Windows 7 Pro x64 OEM. Worked fine for 2 years. This customer got some win 8 pro upgrade licenses from amazon.

Yesterday, i installed this customer machine using "Windows 8 Pro WMC x64 en-US Free Mode Dec17 2012" ISO. When asked for a key, no KEY, skip.

After booting, installed Spanish lang. Surprise !, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center Activated.

Installation created a folder called Windows.old and kept inside all user config files, from windows 7.

I asume that windows 8 pro was installed under c:\windows folder.

Never used Upgrade Key bought from amazon or WMC free key

I hope this helps,

Regards./ Saludos

11. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    Can you tell more about "Windows 8 Pro WMC x64 en-US Free Mode Dec17 2012" ISO, where did you get this?

12. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Seriously? Don't f*ck with your customers, uninstall that crap and put real Pro on it and use the Key he bought. :wallbash: :mad:

I hope this was actually meant as You = Customer, if not...

How stupid...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. chris34

chris34 MDL Member

Oct 28, 2009
    what an incompetent for installing hacktivated junk found on the internet on the machine of a client, more when the client had legit key to start with. The OS isn't activated with the client key but with the hacktivated key and this will fire back on him big time when the install of the client gets deactivated and he/she calls Microsoft support to have it reactivated.

14. dennisq11

dennisq11 MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2012
    After reading the above posts, i agreed with u ..... Hahahaaaaa...install free mode for customer?????/

15. JorgeLopez

JorgeLopez MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh wow. I didn't know it was that bad. But anyway, I think the problem is really more isolated to my system, as I tried a reinstall on some different hardware and everything went fine with the data.dat swap

16. Xterminater

Xterminater MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    jorge, which data.dat did you use and you still followed hackeur's script or you manually did everything? My friend's laptop which is a HP cannot activate no matter what data.dat I used on here. can you list what you did to get yours to work?

17. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    You should list the method you tried step by step .. Including the ISO with descriptor and sha-1 .. be as absolutely precise as possible with each step.

18. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    The only way for me to tell that was to translate ..;)

19. Xterminater

Xterminater MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Basically what I did was installed en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440, don't have the hash for it but it's the right one because it worked before, activated using kms server winmoo something, activated fine, then updated wmc with a real unused wmc key and everything was fine then. Restarted, then used hackeur's script to replace a working data.dat I used before, the error code that was mentioned came up, windows rebooted, watermark still there! Then system property show not activated. This never ever happened before. I then reinstalled window again using a different data.dat file and no go.