Activating W7 on dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CamryRacing, Nov 6, 2009.

1. CamryRacing

CamryRacing MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Okay the problem is that I cant activate W7, every loader or activator or whatever I use to try to activate W7 they cause the bootmgr to be compressed. I was reading in one of the threads here that this is caused by the loader cause it install in all the partition that have a bootmgr. The question is how can I activate it without damaging my bootmgr.:confused:

2. DKane

DKane MDL Junior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Well, you could try a hardmod. Patching the BIOS works without affecting anything, and leaves no trace on the HD. Search your MoBo/notebook model in the BIOS mod forum if you want to try that.

If not, which loaders are you using?

EDIT: And how, exactly is your partitioning set up?

3. CamryRacing

CamryRacing MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    I really dont know how to describe my partitioning and I tried using the hazar one and the Daz isnt there is a way to make the loader to just install in the correct partition?

4. dragonfire665

dragonfire665 MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Here how I did mine. I'm doing dual boottong vista x64 n 7 x64. Having vista already installed i partition the same hhd using windows disc management. Once partition I place 7 x64 installed on new partition, once running I use daze loader leave it as default choose which ever u want model install Key n certificate it will restart n all done. Again is beet to have both windows on same hhd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CamryRacing

CamryRacing MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    I just used REMOVE WAT and It seems like it worked out