Activating win 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by brk1, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    ??? Can't get it... just give the distorted url here.

2. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    #22 brk1, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    (OP)
    removed the info

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Just validate online using IE... install whatever it prompts.

Btw, why are you using the Acer key?? :confused:

4. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    As far as I know it's a proper Dell one derived from a bit later Dell model ,using the slic toolkit it reports as dell slic 2.1, was a fair time ago when I got the modded bios files, , going to try swapping the OEM folders over that I have now, If not I'll just stick to using the Daz method for the X64 iso's ;)

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I still don't understand why it is not activating as for the dell 2.1 certificates there is only one even though there are two dell different named ones in $oem$_AIO_Win7_Vista_DVD[2.1~2.0]Apr2012 and $oem$_AIO_Win7_Vista_DVD[2.1_2.0]Oct2012
    the file hashes match.
    i,e, Dell.XRM-MS, DellXPS.XRM-MS, DELL2.XRM-MS are all same certificate.

6. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    That's the OEM folder I used, Slic code in my laptop is Dell MO9 2.1 according to the slic toolkit, I'll try with the old OEM folder that I have that has worked on 3 seperate laptops owned in my house all using the same modded bios file, all 3 activate with the 32 bit OS disks, can I add the OEM folder to the Digital River SP1 versions or should I just stick to the original untouched X64 iso ??

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    #28 brk1, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    (OP)
    I'll give it a try as soon as I get time( got to feed the (animals) sorry meant the kids), the reason I asked about different keys is when activated on the x86 system , on the Sytem page,product activated,the product id ends with **524, I'm sure thats the same ending on the X64 system that doesn't activate, when it's been through the Daz loader process, it then ends as **006 as product I.D and is the working version, thats why I wondered if different keys were used for x86 and X64 versions. I'll have to do a complete re-install later with my fresh attempt and report back with my findings. I did try the AIO maker, if I get it successful I'll do a combined X86 and X64 Ultimate as well.:)

9. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @urie

What I get from the MGADIAG report, he just needs WAT update to be installed. Windows is activated.

10. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    That was because that report came from the activated version , but it had to be activated by daz loader, it didn't activate on it's own, I'll re-install in a while then see what happens, then I can do a fresh report if necessary , couldn't give you that report as at the time I was using, the X64 OS on my spare Harddrive so that's why you saw the activated report :)

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I didn't manage to see the report link was removed :D anyway that doesn't explain why x64 did not activate .xms certificate and serial are the same for both versions.

@ brk1 are you sure you are adding $OEM$ to SOURCES folder.

12. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    #32 brk1, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    (OP)
    I removed the link myself incase too much info was available from it, OEM is in the sources folder, but you did make me wonder for a moment, but disk was still sitting in my laptop so looked straight away in case I'd been an idiot :biggrin:

If I remember , daz loader says OEM and Cert must match, but they get inserted from the disk on install from the available files on the disk, why should they activate on X86 disk but not on the X64 disk if they are all the same OEM files . Could the slic file be wrong in the bios, if it was then the X86 OS wouldn't activate but it does !

Just looked at the two zipped up OEM folders and all the Dell certs look identical in both folders, but the two actual OEM folders for Dell have different sized contents, i.e reg files ,wallpapers ,bmps etc

@tito Funny you should ask was it an Acer bios mod, those part oem codes I posted earlier, the first one that finished **524 was the correct Dell Win 7 Pro version that activated correctly on install,(on my current hdrive) but when the ultimate X64 doesn't activate on install, I use Daz loader on it and it activates and ends up with the **006 OEM , that belongs to the Acer code, it should finish as **400 to be the correct Dell ultimate OEM code if that makes sense to you.

13. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    Seems that the latest $OEM$ folder that I dloaded seems to be the problem, I re-made a WIn7 compilation DVD , inserted the old $OEM$ folder that I had and now every disk I try , compilations, single OS (X86 or X64) disks, SP1 included all work fine now but now I seem to have a new problem.

If your about Urie, could I pick your brains seeing you're running a Dell system as well, I use firefox rather than I.E , it installs fine and runs but not correctly compared to my normal set up, every single Disk I try either X86 or X64 all perform the same way. If you open Firefox it opens a window straight from that Icon, on my other system it produces another Firefox icon and I can open multiple windows from that original icon, on the new system if I click on the Firefox icon again it shuts the window not opens another one, seems to be the same in I.E 8 as well. If I separately open 2 Firefox windows at different sites , on my old system when you hover over Firefox you get a thumbnail of each window, on the new install I get a solid block with each window written inside it, I've gone through the options of Firefox and tried turning all the tabs etc on but nothing seems to make a difference at all, it's give that feeling of using a "Trial" product where things are limited in there use until full option is purchased, I've tried loads of different installs but ball are exactly the same way, the OEM came off my proper Dell OEM disk Win 7 Pro X86 and everything works fine on that so I'm lost as to what to do. maybe open up as a new thread in-case anybody else has encountered this ?? Any settings in windows I change seem to make no difference:confused::confused:

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No problem at all with firefox that is my main browser when I run it from desktop icon it opens normally, if I rerun it without closing already opened one it runs the other also.

15. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    That's exactly how mine works with the original Hard drive still connected

The only thing I can think that can be wrong now then is the modded bios, I've tried totally reformatting the drives, made sure the mbr etc are all reset so every hard disk is like a virgin drive,totally blank before fresh installs, now even the copy of Win 7 that I have working perfectly on all 3 laptops in the house now has the same problem on a fresh formatted Hdrive, the daft thing is my original install of Win 7 on my original HDrive still works fine, I thought to start with that the spare Seagate drive might be at fault, but the spare WD Drive does the same thing, The copy that still works perfectly is on a 250GB WD drive so that's ruled that out. All I can think to try is to re-install a new modded bios again and reset the Cmos so everything else is totally clean and fresh again, I can't see that anything else can be at fault, if every HDrive I try is totally clear of info before I start then there is nothing stored on the laptop except inside the bios file and cmos settings

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I doubt it very much if it has anything to do with bios mod easiest way to check would be reflash with original bios clear cmos and reboot system and see if error still occurs fair enough you will not be activated but it will let you check if it is still the same then you know bios mod was not at fault.

17. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    Is there anything else you think it could be, for my fully working system that's installed on 3 different same type laptops all working fine and activated as OEM systems , to suddenly not being able to work properly on my system on a fresh install.

I can't understand how it can activate properly, but Explorer I.E 8 and firefox can only work as a single window program, it just doesn't make any sense at all to be able to get that far but not work properly once installed :confused::confused:

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No I cannot think of anything else funny how it only affects I.E. and Firefox it this completely clean installation have you checked for malware.

19. brk1

brk1 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    Its totally clean,I used a totally empty HDrive, fresh install from Hash checked Win7 iso with OEM folder taken off my last working Win7 iso, straight install then download Firefox straight from web and installed, but the problem is already there before Firefox is added, there could be other problems but I haven't bothered searching for anymore , the reason I.E 8, Windows explorer and Firefox are mentioned is because they're all in the taskbar as soon as you install windows + adding Firefox, they all work similarly on the taskbar, if you open several Firefox windows then hover over the firefox icon it shows all windows as small thumbnails, the same with explorer, if you open several folders, they again show up as small thumbs, that's how I noticed something was wrong straight away, my old original WIn 7 Pro OEM lnstalled on my sons laptop just 2 weeks ago without a problem, has been in use for over a year on my daughters and my laptop, but suddenly won't work properly on my system when installed freshly on a bare Hdrive, you can't write malware to a DVD, that's why I came to the thinking of faulty bios or Cmos, as they are the only things that have stayed the same on the laptop ever since I started to try and get myself a working X64 iso.

I'm a bit worried about flashing back to stock, that not being a problem in itself, just the chance that seeing no other Win7 seems to work on my laptop properly anymore, if I flash it back and forth my only working Win7 installation on my original HDrive might stop working as well, then I'll be stuck on Xp (although similar I hated Vista with a vengeance)

20. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #40 PhaseDoubt, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    By this do you mean you're installing a version that already has Firefox integrated into it?

Having a program's icon show up on the task bar is normal and expected in a lot of cases with Firefox being one where installation puts it there. It's normal and expected for I.E. too since it's installed along with the OS.

Malware can most certainly be written to an optical disk; a certain multinational music, entertainment and movie corporation distributed music disks a few years ago with root kits that were installed with first use. There are other similar examples. I have no idea if malware cannot be run from an optical disk, never thought about it, but the source code can definitely be stored there and installed onto, and subsequently run from, the computer's mass storage drives.