activation woes :o(

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by spyfox, Jul 30, 2015.

1. spyfox

spyfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm running windows 7 64 ultimate on my ssd using daz windows loader for years now. I also purchased windows 8 back in the day of release and have a valid product id for that which i was dual booting 7 and 8 ....8 being on my secondary spinner drive, but 7 on my ssd has always been my primary. I t seems if I do the legit free upgrade its gonna over write 7 on my ssd and replace it... don't want that. So I downloaded the iso 64 windows 10 pro from Microsoft so I could do a clean install on my spinner. First I did put in my product for windows 8 wouldn't take, then tried the windows 7 ultimate key which was generated from daz windows loader....no go.... tryed once again with another fresh install and by passed al the key prompts and still get the error code 0xc004c003 and wants me to put in a valid key. So based on all my research it looks like if I want the legit upgrade free upgrade I have to let this install itself over my primary 7 ultimate....no way gotta keep 7 as primary o/s. Lost and have major headache reading all the posts in the forums trying to figure this one out....any ideas ?

2. Flickspeed

Flickspeed MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2015
    Dude jsut install 7 on the other drive, activate it with daz loader and then install windows 10 over it. Regarding a clean install working and activating after this process, I am a bit skeptical.

3. darkgiver

darkgiver MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2015
    Or you can simply launch the upgrade by mounting the iso in windows 8... (only if your 8 version was the pro... else you can only legally update using the home version iso)

4. spyfox

spyfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    yup...thats the exact link I git the iso from

5. spyfox

spyfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    me too...cause when I start the upgrade progress on my running version of 10...it didnt look like there was an option to tell it where to go or load up to usb or iso...it just rebooted and stared going..i freaked out and imediatly rebooted to as not to jack my ssd windows 7 I dont trust it

6. spyfox

spyfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    hmmm good idea maybe.... i did get windows 8 pro...I could reinstall 8 pro on that partition and then run the upgrade from that side...i dont know...to weary its gonna jack up my c drive and overwrite my 7

7. Flickspeed

Flickspeed MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2015
    remove the other hdd from the system.

8. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    There is no need to remove anything, just mount it in the os you want to upgrade and upgrade it. There are no keys, no licenses, no nothing..straight upgrade and that is really your only choice if you want it for free..then after you have upgraded you can do all the clean installs you want.

9. spyfox

spyfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    so basically...will have to reinstall windows 8 pro on amy designated partition on my spinner secondary drive... make the windows upgrade appear.... and do the upgade from there ? I sure hope its smart enough not to mess with my c drive on my primary ssd harddrive

10. spyfox

spyfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2011
    meh....this is a nightmare... I have 99 gigs on that partition, even had windows 8 installed on it dual boot before I checked out the windows 10 previews, formatted the partition, tryted to reinstall windows 8 told me not enough space to install...are you kidding me it has 99 gigs... uhhhhhh fml