Activation worked, back to trial after restart

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SirLoseALot, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Don't know if this was already mentioned. But clear your Cmos after you flash it. Some tools have an option to auto clear cmos after it's been flashed. I used the windows flasher for Abit before heheh :D But doing it through DOS is most prefered quite easy as well.

Edit: Nevermind anything i said i was a bit late LOL

2. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    You're welcome!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ugizz

ugizz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009

i had the same problem... i think that one of those one click loaders fukked up mbr or something so heres what i did

reinstall win 7

manually install loader, cert and key

something is seriosly f**ked up and activation will fail even after reinstall

now boot into win 7 recovery console and type all these

bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    bootsect /nt60 ALL /mbr /force
    bootinst /nt60 ALL /force

remove win7 disc
    reboot

thats how i made it work

ill never use any of those automatic loaders anymore... it took me 11 reinstalls to fix this problem... :rolleyes:

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just curious!

Just curious!

That kind problem can happen if the bios is set with Antivirus Protection to: ON!

That will protect the MBR from to be edited in any way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SirLoseALot

SirLoseALot MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    Das Bier geht klar :) (just me agreeing to those cold beers)

Anyways, I'll take a screenshot as soon as I relocate the Slic Dump Toolikt - I checked my slic using that one after the flash but got rid of it when everything turned out ok. Really didn't think of taking a screenshot, but infidels or not - this one just works fine.

My bios Antivirus protection has been tuned OFF for years. However, i double-checked that, too, as I was suspecting something along these lines. However, there must have been different reasons for the loader-failure.
    Thanks for your advise. Since slic'ing my Bios worked out fine for me, I don't need to do this right now. However, I am pretty confident that we may have indeed have faced similar problems and that your solution might have very well worked for me. I also experienced multiple activation failures back when I tried this with Vista. I think it's particulary curious that those loaders actually work after the first reboot, but somehow fail after the second one.
    Hopefully someone with similar problems will find some helpe here.