[GUIDE] Add Store to Windows 10 EnterpriseS SKU (LTSB/LTSC)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Aug 9, 2016.

1. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    The browser was chrome though in that case.;)

2. kompassorpigo

kompassorpigo MDL Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Any way to install incompatible Store apps (i.e. the ones that require a higher build than what ltsb is on)?

3. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    sadly not, as far as i know :(
    we can only wait for the next ltsb edition in a few months.
    still i hope im wrong and that someone knows more

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    It is the same reason why installing Windows Store onto Windows Server becomes problematic... ie... Windows as a service mean that their remote server (not your computer) gives the final yes or no when installing anything... ie... Your computer tells Microsoft that you're using "X" edition and "Y" version, then Microsoft decides base on what it has been told. Now, if anyone can figure out how to lie to Microsoft's remote server, I'd be very interested to know.

5. kompassorpigo

kompassorpigo MDL Member

Jun 22, 2016
    A few months? That thing isn't planned to be released until 2nd half of 2019 :(. Or so I've read.

6. kompassorpigo

kompassorpigo MDL Member

Jun 22, 2016
  7. Garry Deakin

Garry Deakin MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2018
    Hi

Playing catch up here :)

Installing this onto a device with LTSB on and assuming that the store is then available to all users - is this correct ?

Thanks

G

8. Kifu Parker

Kifu Parker MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2017

9. jvco.98

jvco.98 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2018
    #550 jvco.98, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2018
    Hey, I'm getting errors as the script is being run for the first time. The store won't download because of this. The errors are:
    Code:
    ============================================================
    Adding Microsoft Store

Add-AppxPackage : The term 'Add-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or
    operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
    again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Add-AppxPackage:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Add-AppxPackage : The term 'Add-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or
    operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
    again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.VCLibs.x86.14.00.Appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Add-AppxPackage:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.x64.1.6.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.x86.1.6.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.x64.1.6.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.x86.1.6.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.WindowsStore_11710.1001.2713.0_neutra ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adding App Installer

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_1.8.4001.0_neutra ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adding Store Purchase App

again.
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.x64.1.3.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.x86.1.3.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.x64.1.4.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.x86.1.4.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_11706.1707.7104.0_ne ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adding Xbox Identity Provider

again.
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.x64.1.3.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.x86.1.3.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.x64.1.3.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.x86.1.3.appx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

again.
    + Add-AppxPackage -Path Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_2017.605.1240.0_ ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Done
    ============================

Any Help?

10. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #551 GOD666, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2018
    Have you changed your copy of Windows in any way? If you have, it really sounds as if something had gone terribly wrong and I would suggest you do so on a fresh install. -- Failing that, I would suggest you download another copy, extract the zip in a simple directory (for example C:\temp ), and then re-run the setup as administrator (as instructed on post #1).

11. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Is there any way to only install the Photos app to LTSB?

12. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    While I wouldn't exactly recommend it, since I do wonder what dependencies are required for the new Photo App; I presume you could install the store, using the store install the Photo App, and then use one of the many tools found here on MDL to remove the store. This, in theory, would allow you to have just the Photo App (but minus any updates since updates come through the store).

But I would recommend you keep the store and just not install anything else since you desire nothing else (but you would still get updates and have the future choice to install more if you choose).

13. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I still prefer Picasa. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    I got it and a modded version(all my own work) that just keeps the Picture Viewer part and not the rest. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. lewcass

Mar 10, 2018
    When i say modded i just stripped out the uneeded files, its about 3mb now and beats windows photo viewer hands down. :)

16. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Yes, I could do that. If I keep the store and the photo app, what will happen to feature updates? Will I still get them via windows updates? These feature updates are the reason I am on LTSB.

17. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    The store works just fine when you continue to update windows. The apps themselves, including the store, update through the store and yes, they will continue to update too. The only new features you'll get are the apps you choose to install.

18. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    That is comforting. I'll be looking into other options though. I like how the photo app looks, if I don't find anything similar, installing the store seems to be the only option for me. Thanks.