Adding NVIDIA SLI support to GA-EX58-DS4 BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by patriekvg, Jun 7, 2013.

1. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    #21 patriekvg, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    (OP)
    Man! It was my mistake!! Sorry, I forgot to delete the original BIOS file, after I had it extracted to get FLASHSPI. So it flashed the original/official one! Now I deleted it (and yours remained), FLASHSPI said it could not succesfully read the BIOS file and refused. I didnt know I had to command it myself with "FLASHSPI SLIC.BIN". But I guessed so, and now it is flashed succesfully and I think these are the results we wanted?

screens3.jpg

BTW, what "brand" did you use for the SLIC mod? Or in other words, which cert should I install?

2. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    #22 patriekvg, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    (OP)
    Okey, I'm kinda stuck now... I found the brand used for SLIC mod is Gigabyte (GBT) and I found a Gigabyte cert, installed it, installed a key, but I cant get it genuine again.Never mind, fixed this with Daz's Loader.

Also, can you please send me in the right direction for a modified driver or hal? Or how I can mod it myself?

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
  5. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Should I try a new Windows install? Hope you're still around Tito.

6. andyp

andyp SLIC Tools Author

Aug 8, 2008
    Hi

Now you've flashed the SLIC modded F12o could you post a screenshot from AIDA64 Motherboard -> ACPI -> DSDT table (making sure you scroll to the bottom where it has NVidia SLI)

Thanks
    Andy

7. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    #27 patriekvg, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for your reply Andy! The screenshot you asked for is screen3 in the post above.
    View attachment 22315

8. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Still have not made any progress. Today I will backup my stuff and do a clean software install. But I'm not sure if I should try the modified BIOS + HALmod again, or use the original BIOS + HyperSLI tool...

9. patriekvg

patriekvg MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2009
    Just to let you know; the modified BIOS + fresh Windows install + hall.dll mod still didnt work. This time I didnt use any Loader, which I thought could've been the problem. But it wasn't.
    So I gave that up, reversed what the hall mod did and tried the HyperSLI method. This time this worked perfectly! So my SLI is up and running finally :D

Greets and thanks for all your help.

10. grml4d

grml4d MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2011
    hypersli is working great , i use it with a dual chipset-cpu and i had to disable the L0s L1 states to have the board stable
    that s bad the patch did not worked ....