Adobe Flash Content Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zorblork, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Zorblork

Zorblork MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2012
    Hello,

I am currently encountering following troubles:

From one day to the next day, Adobe Flash stopped working in any of my browsers (I have installed Opera, Chrome, SWare Iron, Internet Explorer). Whenever there is Flash content on a website, the space just stays blank, or, which is even stranger, the flash content starts loading (for example the yt-player appears, a flash game's loading screen is shown, etc.) but after some seconds (maybe 2-6) everything just disappears and i find my self left with nothing.

I thought that it maybe was an effect of the recent installation of Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257, because everything worked absolutely fine before that. So i uninstalled the Plugin, downloaded the last version that had worked for me and again, those strange things happened.

Next, i went to Adobe.com and looked up the possibilities that were given to solve Flash Player problems from adobe.com's support section and even after deleting everything in %appdata%\Adobe and %appdata%\Macromedia that was related to the Flash Player in any way, nothing had changed.

So, i thougt, maybe something with the flash installation itself got corrupted and i started uninstalling everything that was part of the flash player. i even deleted all the registry keys and cache files again.
    then, i installed an older version of flash and an older version of all my browsers to make sure that it was not just a software problem.
    still --> nothing, flash wouldn't load at all.

Finally i decided to reinstall Windows, cleaning the partition completely and so i did. i reinstalled all the core drivers and software and gave it a try. Voila: youtube worked again, but still nothing else since i had not installed Flash yet. So i installed it again and BAM, nothing worked at all, not even youtube. just a whole bunch of blank frames.

Alright, i thought, last try: deleting the partition entirely and defining it new should get rid of even the last relicts of flash and its data. after installing windows a third time, i went back to youtube, everything worked, i installed Flash and youtube still worked. of course, i got psyched and i went to a flash game site to find out if it really worked and Tadaaa: the game loaded perfectly. i started playing and after about 15 or 20 seconds the whole freaking thing just vanished. it just disappeared. once again i was alone with an empty space and close to a stroke.

i am really desperate and i am at the end of everything i tought i'd know about computers and stuff. I don't know what else to do and i couldn't find just ONE case like mine on the internet.

I hope anyone has any idea how to fix this s**t, because i don't like the thought of throwing away my computer over this.

Thank you.

2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    adobe behaves like a virus..
    had to install new version, for
    no valid reason.
    i only need that s**t for reading
    pdf files, [ reader] or running youtube
    flv`s. [ flashplayer] i would not dream
    of using a $1000 proggie for video editing.
    [premiere]

okay,
    so installed that s**t. it blesses you
    with state-of-the-art tracking cookies.

it tried to get auto-update acces to the www,
    for no valid reason.
    [ if pdf and flv work, no update is needed..]

it kept trying to write garbage into my
    startup directory. up to 6 times..

well, does not work here, i run winpatrol.
    and it killed the adobe s**t in its foottracks..
    with pdf and flv still working..

high time some open source freeware takes over from
    those guys..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Just a [delayed] thought, do you by chance have a system image from a time when your system was working you can restore? Or maybe a Restore Point?