Advanced Tokens Manager - The Activation Backup Solution

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Jun 9, 2011.

1. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Just a quick note to all, I've re-installed Win8.1 about 6 times already and all times my backup activation has worked. I dont even stop the sppsvc :)

First I input my key : slmgr -ipk XXXX-etc

Then I copy over data.dat and tokens.dat into the 2.0 folder, I't wont let you overwrite one of the files though but if you try again it succeeds. Then restart and you are golden :)

FYI: my activation was first done by phone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Comandante

Comandante Guest

I backed up my windows 8.1 pro x64 en-US with MTK 4.9.2. I had activated it with legit 8.0 pro and WMC keys, but MS Office 2013 pro plus was activated by Skype phone (I think therefore why MTK asked office key during backup). now I like to replace 8.1 pro rtm en-US with 8.1 pro rtm x64 en-GB. would be any problem with restoring the backup if I install en-GB?

3. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    hi alls,

Finally I save my activation with MTV4.9.

I have created an image backup with "dism..."

If I install this image on another computer, I would still have my activation?

thanks Wiki.

4. Comandante

Comandante Guest

well, At least I am not alone with this issue, one senior addicted and one noob. Lol :)
    Same backup: on same 8.1 version on different computer; and on same computer with different 8.1 version.

5. nicesoni_ash

nicesoni_ash MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2008
    Can you explain please how to do this and then install with the same image or point me to the right direction, thanks.

6. idk

idk MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2010
    I tried this many times and it doesn't work. I even stopped the sppsvc. What else I can do to activate my windows? I have the token and data files generated from this program.

7. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Was your activation first done by phone ?

When I said copy over I meant I moved the data.dat and tokens.dat from a folder already on the C:\ drive i.e: C:\Ex1\ folder, I moved them from there to the 2.0 folder.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. idk

idk MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2010
    no, it was not done by phone. And that is the reason why it didn't work. I moved the files from a usb. Are there any other option?

9. idk

idk MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2010
    just went ahead and actively it normally.

10. cell0ne

cell0ne MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2013
    Can you tell me what is MTV4.9, a full form I mean.
    Secondly why advanced token manager is not working in Win 8.1 to backup the activation?
    Sorry for double query but as you know I am newbie:biggrin:

11. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    This application is NOT compatible with the Windows 8.1.

Maybe I only will see the latest source code and make it compatible with the 8.1, but anyway will stay on the RC stage.

I have no free time to do hard things on this application, so I will try to make the current code compatible with the 8.1 without spend much time. (I will look around on this week)...

12. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    I have done a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro and activated by phone. When I run Advanced Tokens Manager v3.5 RC4 it never gets past looking For Compatible Products.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated,
    KeyserSoze

PS
    Is there any way to backup tokens manually in Windows 8.1?

13. Reactos

Reactos MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2012
    [h=2]Extra Extra Advanced Toked Manager 8.1[/h]
    :) I copied (not cut) data.dat and cache files out of the folder tokens.dat 2.0 (system32/spp/store /) and ran ATM rc 4 and I recovered my windows key. data.dat is hidden

In another post I read that running smlgr and then overwriting the dat was turned back on .... then are the 2 steps

14. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011

That is true.

15. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    The current version only is having problems by the miss of the activation files around the spp folder. Basically it is waiting for the spp response and get the activation files on the folder, but it is around the 2.0 folder, and never will find unless you copy it.

Basically I will add the extra variable on the lookup and all will be solved. I also will have to fix some things, but not so much.

Soon...

16. bdl

bdl MDL Addicted

Aug 8, 2012
    i wait for this and with office pro plus 2013 is ok?

17. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Will be supported on Windows 8.1.

18. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  19. MaXi32

MaXi32 MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012

I ran the program and this message popped up "Loading for compatible products, Please Wait" with a progress bar. How long do I need to wait? It has been several minutes.

[EDIT - I read all posts now. Josh is working on it]

20. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011