Advanced Tokens Manager - The Activation Backup Solution

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Jun 9, 2011.

1. LEXX911

LEXX911 MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Thanks! This works nicely!

2. rezpower

rezpower MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2015
    Hi I need your help please.
    I have a backup of my windows 8.1 pro with Office 2013 activation and I was always able to restore using Advanced-Tokens-Manager with no problem. Recently had a problem with my laptop and HP change my motherboard.
    The windows product key is in the bios, so my win product key has now changed. I am no longer able to activate my office 2013 :(
    is there anyway I can do this? I'm sorry if question has been asked before but could not find answer after 1 hour reading!
    Btw office 2013 was activated by phone and then backed up.

3. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    @rezpower

AFAIK,
    you can't restore that backup.
    You can activate your office by using another legit key or using MTK.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rezpower

rezpower MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2015
    Thank you very much for your answer. This is indeed bad news for me :(
    Could you tell me more about MTK? it will not be possible to recover my
    activation with it? right?
    I just tried KMSpico and it activated office but I would really prefer to
    recover my activation somehow!

5. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    You can activate Office 2013 using MTK on Win8.1 if it's a Volume (VL) version. However, only by KMS. Other key types (RETAIL, OEM, MAK) require online activation with MS. Your Win key is OEM:DM and therefore Genuine.
    Whatever type the Office key is, since it is phone-activated it is bound to the hardware - of the old mainboard. Means, that activation was only valid on the old hardware. Using the new hardware, Office requires re-activation through phone or online due to hardware being out of tolerance (too much changed like board, NIC etc.). If you can't do that, KMS is your only option (besides buying a license).

6. Krawk

Krawk MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2015
    Hi all, have updated to this version to see if I was missing something, I was a few versions old. Have also searched the forum but got many irrelevant hits.

Is there a way to backup the tokens for Publisher 2013? When I click on Office it has several errors listed in the fields.
    The Publisher I have purchased is a standalone, without the rest of Office, but then again, Publisher is not included in most versions of Office anyway. It says "Office" on the front of the package however, and appears to install in an Office directory path.

7. rezpower

rezpower MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2015
    Thanks for your precious help. I bought new license and activated office 2013 pro by phone. Can you please tell me what is the best way (software) to backup my activation for later restore. It seems that Advanced Tokens Manager has not been updated for a while and not fully supported by windows 8.1 ! Is there anything better or newer out there?

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    In case this tool will not work for you (I guess it still does, though) you can also use Microsoft Toolkit (MTK, in the KMS subforum). MTK has Activation backup as well.

9. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    Using Windows 7 x64 RTM. Cannot restore activation as the option is not available to me. It does not show up :(. Message says 'Unable to make a backup of a product not permanently activated'. I do not wish to backup, just restore. Please help. Although the backup was made using the x86 version surely it shouldn't affect the restore option being available to me.

10. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Was it KMS activated ?

11. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    for me it's a normal situation with MAK keys always shown as BBBB then you cant restore it

12. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    It doesn't even give me the option to restore. It doesn't go that far. If I did make the backup using X86 Pro RTM as per the ini file, how come I was previously using X64 Pro RTM with a restored activation? I didn't activate it twice ?!?. How come it worked then and it doesn't now?

13. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    You can not mixed a backup on different architectures and that is what you've done i think.

14. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    I am not trying to mix backups on different architectures, just restore one. I understand how come different architectures can possibly affect the restoration but how can it affect the option to restore just because I chose a different architecture. I could re-install windows using the x86 version but what difference would it make when it hasn't even accessed the tokens.dat restoration file? How can it know of its location when it hasn't asked me for it or given me the option to point to it's location and load it?

15. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Whatever the key u will use , activation is done depending of your hardware and the tokens are created and fixed with that. I mean i couldn't use tokens created for X86 arch and copy them in a X64 arch that won't work. Same with a retail key if you activate it by phone the ID generated for X64 and X86 won't be the same.

16. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    Thank you. I understand that. The whole idea of this software is to be able to backup and restore licence activation. How can I use this software to even try to restore the backup (failure or not) if I cannot initiate the process anyway?

17. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    I have solved the problem. You have to have the backup folder in the folder where the Advanced Tokens Manager is. I didn't because I changed the folder the backup was in. Maybe it should be pointed out that the tokens manger requires the file and folder structure to be as it was created to save people like me changing file and folder locations and running into the same issue as mine.
    Thanks for the help and advice, coleoptere2007 and to Josh Cell for the backup solution :biggrin:.