Advice email client

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ellen, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ellen

ellen MDL Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Hello,

I have been using outlook express for a long time.
    And now I'm looking for a replacement in W7.

Could anyone give advice which email client I should use?

I would like one with the possibility to edit the source (html) of a message easily, which is not possible in outlook (office).
    And it should also have the possibility to add email account aliases, not possible with windows live mail.

(email account aliases: 2 different email adresses with the same login and password, eg a@c.com and b@c.com and they both have the login ab with password ...)

2. nlspecial

nlspecial MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2008
    You should try using windows live mail. fast easy to use and can handle multiple accounts.

3. Stormcrow

Stormcrow MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I went over to Thunderbird.

--
    SC

4. ellen

ellen MDL Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I was planning on using that but windows live mail and thunderbird can't handle 2 email adresses aliases with the same login and password.

5. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    What do you mean? "aliases"? how about DOMAINS? are they the same?
    How do you log in and authenticate to your SMTP and POP3 severs? I assume it is not IMAP?

I cannot get what you are saying

6. ellen

ellen MDL Member

Jan 8, 2009
    It just with SMTP & POP3 servers.
    I will try to explane it with an example.

You have an email account with login: ellen en passwoord: ****.
    That email account has 2 email adresses connected with it: ellen1@ellen.com and ellen2@ellen.com. All the mail send to ellen1@ellen.com and ellen2@ellen.com is reveiced in 1 account (login: ellen en passwoord: ****).

In thunderbird and windows live mail i can at the account: "ellen1@ellen.com, login: ellen en passwoord: **** ".
    But when I at ellen2@ellen.com, login: ellen en passwoord: **** ", they say account already exist, in outlook express I could do that.

7. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009

If your logins are "ellen" and "ellen" then they are the same account since they are the same words.
    If your email account is "ellen1@ellen.com" and "ellen2@ellen.com" then logically, I would think your log in should be "ellen1" and "ellen2" respectively.

If you can log in with "ellen", then I think the 'problem' is with your mailserver -- I'm guessing you have your own server that provides email? Most personal domain mailservers forward all email to the primary account until you have it set up properly. If this is the case, setting up the mail server properly would be the solution.

8. ellen

ellen MDL Member

Jan 8, 2009
    No, I don't have my own server.

Way back when my parents got internet, the provider only aloud one mail account. But you could add 3 email adresses to that account. So all the email of the adresses is received in 1 account.
    In that time people had max 1 pc at home and most people didn't have email or internet. They have been using those adresses for more than 10 years, so they are reluctant to change or get a new one, which would be best.

9. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

In thunderbird you can have a global inbox (and other folders), it checks the mail from all accounts and you see it all from the global inbox.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #13 wuhoatu, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  12. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    thanks, I'll have to give it a try myself...:D

13. ellen

ellen MDL Member

Jan 8, 2009
    #15 ellen, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  14. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    For some reason, I find the fact that you use Incredimail completely unastonishing.

It should be called Inyourfacemail.

15. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Sorry that NO. It is for 32-bit only. Just install it into WIN7. Not necessary to have Vista.

16. ellen

ellen MDL Member

Jan 8, 2009
    #19 ellen, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    (OP)
    Thanks, I'm unfortunately using x64.

17. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009