Advise on version of Windows to be installed- LANGUAGE

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by charliedog, Jul 30, 2010.

1. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Good it worked ok then. Take your time to hit the Thanks button on the post that was helpful then...not only say it in a thread. This way people can see who helps out or not. ;)

2. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Hello Everybody!

I've followed the discussion about installing a langauge pack. Intresting that so many poeple are interested in switching language in Windows 7. The tutorial is great and it's legal too. Microsoft has a tutorial about this and I think many people are using it, but I think myhken's and my tutorial are very easy to use. Vad tror du myhken?

HAL

3. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Jo det tror jeg. Fra Danmark?

I was the first to make this guide in Norway, I found it on a dutch, or polish (or something like that) site, used google translator. I have helped very many people in Norway, and one of the IT newspaper wrote about my guide, and got a reply back from MS. So they have never complaint on my guide. And I have let people download the Norwegian language packs since last September. No complaints there either. The price for Windows 7 in Norway is very high, so people want to buy it from the US or UK. And if they buy Home Premium, they need that guide.

4. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Jag kommer från Sverige.

5. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Da så. Flere Svensker her...:D The Nordic team :D

6. HAL

HAL MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Haha..... Yeah! That's right! :D

Ha de!

HAL

7. charliedog

charliedog MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2010
    #27 charliedog, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    (OP)
    (found the evasive THANKS button and hit it accordingly!)

As promised I would report anything that might not go well, I want to report the following in relation to KB971033 update.

As I said in the list of updates this one was unchecked i.e. not to be installed. This morning I checked again ( being paranoid!:eek:) and there it was again in the installed :eek: updates! I really do not know why this happened because everytime there were some more updates to be installed I made sure that the particular one was not included and if it was to make sure it was not checked!

After discovering it this morning I went and uninstalled it ( I don't know whether this was the correct action!. Hope that it is!!).

I then checked my computer to see if the Status was still genuine and it was. If anything further crops up I will post.

Thanks again

8. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Just right click the update and select "Hide".
    Problem solved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...