Aero-Glass in Windows 8 RTM, by re-instating the Aero Source Codes

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Sep 1, 2012.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #481 moderate, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Great...
    ...it works like a charm.

Sending 10 EuroMoneyBucks to your PayPal. :)

3. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #483 moderate, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Yep, it is much better:
    Desktop.jpg
    I've realized only now, how W7 blur is fugly. :)
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
    "BlurDeviation"=dword:00000000

:D

Now in version 1.2:

1. You could fix that "flickering" (The trembling of transparent frame parts (background) in one pixel left or right (in case of big transparent windows parts like top part in Opera or IE.) However it only happens about once in hour and it also seems now, that it doesn't happen with blur disabled. :) Anyway here is the promise of 20 bucks for that. :)

2. Also there could be a setting:
    Code:
    Same_Color_For_Inactive_Window_Like_For_Active_One = 0,1,2,3
    0 - Windows s**tty GREY inactive window
    1 - Exact same color for inactive window
    2 - Same color but 30% darker for inactive window
    3 - Same color but 30% lighter for inactive window
    ...another 20 bucks for that :))

4. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    It is probably not so easy to toggle enable disable the effect, when DWM has to killed 1st.

5. bigmuscle

bigmuscle MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2013
    #485 bigmuscle, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I have not noticed anything so hard to tell and harder to fix.

I believe that it can already be achieved by correct combination of ColorizationXXXInactive settings. Normally, inactive frame is 20% of active frame. However, this settings is controlled by used theme but ColorizationColorBalanceInactive and ColorizationBlurBalanceInactive could do something - but it needs some time to play with.

6. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    I didn't noticed it from time I set blur deviation to 0. It may be dependent to nVidia only. It is some kind of feeling, that "the background" (wallpaper) visible through transparent window frame (in bigger areas) jumps just within 0,5 sec one pixel right and then immediatelly back. Maybe it was connected to minimize and maximize effect. However it isn't important too much.

Yes it can be achieved now, but I believe the color has to be specified and I use those themes which change color according to wallpaper with slideshow. So it will be GREAT to bind it to active window color without specifying it (as exact, brighter and lighter). :)

7. bigmuscle

bigmuscle MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2013
    No, color does not have to be specified. If you specify for example only ColorizationColorBalanceInactive (and not ColorizationColorInactive), it will be related to the color set in ColorizationColor (which is active frame color set automatically). The only problem is that inactive frame will always be more lighter than active due to the settings in the MSSTYLE theme. I think I should respect theme settings only when inactive colorization balances are not set.

8. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009