Aero made possible in Windows 8 RTM?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by palbertsma, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Why in hell is it impossible for members to stay calm and NOT insult others?

If there is something important to say - say it. Keep your insults for yourselves.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    just wait until rafael (withinwindows) makes uxstyle patch for win8
    later its easy to simply replace resources of msstyle back to glass

3. woot332

woot332 MDL Senior Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Patch works:D
    scr1.jpg

4. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    I thought it was interesting that MS opted to keep a measure of transparency for the taskbar, but not for the explorer borders. And the taskbar is not static (although a bit more so than the explorer borders), and as you'll notice it will display any object you move 'behind' it. So this makes me wonder what the exact reasons behind not using transparency for the explorer borders are. And of course they wouldn't have had to actually program it out of Windows either, but they did.

As it stands now, we have at least one 'transparent' explorer-like border: the Win8 setup screen :p Of all things...

5. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    its obvious
    they wanted to make whole os metro-flat-simple styled
    glass doesn't fit in that component

and no its not coz of "system resource eating", that statement is stupid as it can be...
    the only thing that "eats" gpu power is blur and DWM being active... the transparency costs system nothing
    as it is ordinary transparent png which btw works only if DWM is active

so basically you have same system consuption graphic wise with or without "aero" glass

6. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    If it's obvious, then why did they make a transparent taskbar? :p

I do not recall having read 'system resource eating'.

7. bala_digital

bala_digital MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    there should be some way to enable it. aero was there in release preview. its a matter of time before we see it ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Zukariji

Zukariji MDL Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Because some of us don't give a crap about Metro, but do give a crap about the enhanced functions? Like how you can pause/resume file operations, the ribbon UI, enhanced speed (especially with SSDs), all of that, but we'd like it to not be completely flat everywhere?

f**k, why does everyone think that everyone is interested in Windows 8 because of Metro, or at least people think that's the only reason someone COULD be interested it.

Also that link someone posted before says that Subsystem for UNIX has been removed. What? I'm using Subsystem for UNIX now.

9. Kroww

Kroww MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    @zukariji Then use W7! =))

10. Zukariji

Zukariji MDL Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Did you just skim through my post and see the words "some of us don't want Metro" and hit the reply button for the hell of it?

Maybe you should read it again? Some of us want the enhanced features in Windows 8 but without Metro. Saying "use W7" is a dumb as hell "solution" because it doesn't give us the enhanced features.

Unless of course this reply was a joke reply in which case I apologise.

11. win7

win7 MDL Senior Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I am one of these people...

12. JoshBRA

JoshBRA MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Windows 8 has aero native suport, its just a question of wait for the oficial launch. Search for "Aero" at help and suport content, theres one mention of aero themes there. Srry for my bad english :eek:

13. win7

win7 MDL Senior Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I'm personally just going to wait for a uxtheme patch and hopefully a nice theme from askVG.. I always use his themes on previous windows versions anyway.

14. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    See that's why I hate these comments. Now we are on page 4 and 50% is made up about discussion why we like or dislike metro or windows 8.
    Wish I could just delete all the yacking so other people don't have to read 99 useless pages to find what they need.

15. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Dumb solution but the only one to have a activated, fast and stable, usable, elegant and fully personalizable(you can choose solid colors if you want, otherwise Aero) OS.
    I do so, and i will never go back to windows 8, which is fantastic for testing, cracking asf, but for everyday use is a piece of rubbish..
    Boot time is 5 times faster, but shutdown takes less or same, file transfer is the same as 7, i get 100Mb tranfer rate(between hd) on 7, either on 8....(but none understand that, they are covered eyes with diamonds:confused:)
    Yeah some new improvements, ant takes less resources, but insignificantly on nowadays hardware which is far more powerful of really needings(on P IV maybe you notice difference :D)

So nothing enusiasting, just a bit annoied that 8 section becomes unreadable.... too much mess there, can you provide Masters please?

so yours became number 100 and mine 101 and so?

...come on...

nice day people!!

16. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Please somebody delete this ridiculous thread once and for all.

17. prathaprabhumicrosoft

Jan 20, 2012
    #39 prathaprabhumicrosoft, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

Attached Files:

18. Zukariji

Zukariji MDL Member

Mar 11, 2011
    #40 Zukariji, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017