Aero made possible in Windows 8 RTM?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by palbertsma, Aug 6, 2012.

1. addicted2088

addicted2088 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2011
    Hmmm, might try this out.

2. pc84

pc84 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2007
    any solution to have a proper aero please ? (without stay on w7 of course :D )

3. cyba

cyba MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2007
    #63 cyba, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    wait for new (WN8) windowblinds, they plan to reinstate full aero.
    Stardock already have the WN7 taskbar start menu available for 8..

4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Tks, like I said, it's a full glass, aero glass needs the source codes that was removed in win8. :p

5. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I'll be happy with the aero from the Win8 RP.

6. palbertsma

palbertsma MDL Member

Jun 3, 2009
    OK, that also would do for me.:rolleyes:

I wonder that still nobody is able to work out a solution to this.:confused:

7. magna86

magna86 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    Tested ... its work. Thanks man ;)

8. kyolic

kyolic MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    I can't believe there is no solution out yet! Really weird!

9. XpamAmAdEuS

XpamAmAdEuS MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Maybe Microsoft plan to release some Plus! like on windows 98-xp to enable aero :worthy:
    plus.jpg

10. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Till now it is just a bug, that keep the same effect as hide blur on Windows 7, but makes top of the windows buggy at the movements.

It can be overrided just by artifacts replacing images in Vistart or Classic shell, but has nothing to do with DWM.exe that entire code with dll and connections to it has been removed.
    Taskbar transparency remains, in fact porting patched explorer.exe from windows 7 maintains the transparency on start menu, exactly i do not know how and where are the images for it, usually in aero.mssstyle
    Edit In Aerolite.mssstyle there are all images for the start menu, that are in the Vista basic design, where the transparency is related with a pink color(simillary as classic shell themes)
    In the start menu section, all images to it are removed, basic and aero, same in aero.msstyle
    In the Window borders and caption section, there are a lot of changes, and for now is like chinese for a turkish(just spend one minute looking at it...)

Summing, i doubtfully believe someone will manage soon, how to, and if will be, there will be enormous spend of time for that(porting DWM.exe from Windows 7)

So my conclusions are:
    If i want solid colors, Windows XP has marvellous themes, it is fast and still in use in largest part of the world(i use it at work with Longhorn theme:D)
    If i want transparency Windows 7 is far far best, i created a full glass theme from Release Preview one, take a look at 7 section

Mixing the two GUI demonstrates inconsistency, mess and dumbness, taskbar color is not related with the windows one, neither with Metro popup messages or Metro App backgrounds, and for having a little fluidness (same color for standard tiles, popups and windows colors you have to use thirdy parts prog)
    As for everything in the life, look has bigger part of important, because you have to see it every day.....

Under the hood we know 8 has very good improvements, but from my point of view and way of working, 7 still remains the best, keeping XP still after....
    As Microsoft stated, Aero is old, so am i, 38 years, but i still preffer it, old or not!

Enjoy your Windows 8 people :laie:

11. kyolic

kyolic MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    Perfect... Now I am even more depressed about it! :glare:

12. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    #76 _spinner_, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    C'mon,

i think Panda X, one of the biggest master of theming, which is a MDL member, maybe is looking at it, i readed a his post bout it few times ago....

EDIT readed on DA that he is trying on that... another DA member doing the same.... both of them are near my thoughts
    PS do not talk with them yet.... i do not have contacts with them, just know their skills :D

13. badboy77

badboy77 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    i would be happy if someone only changed the title bars like Office 2010 does

see attachment

notice the text and the overall background, way better than simply color fill and the text way visible

11j7tec.png

14. kyolic

kyolic MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2012
    pls pls pls pls th_fingerscrossed.gif

15. BugsB

BugsB MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2009
    #79 BugsB, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    I am 100% positive Stardock WindowBlinds will be able (or maybe already is) able to return all Aero effects incl. glass/ transparency in Win8 (for those who like it). No prob anyway w. a semi-strong grfx card or better ..

16. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Plus! was a killer for Win95, there was no performance with it installed.