Aero made possible in Windows 8 RTM?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by palbertsma, Aug 6, 2012.

1. fma965

fma965 MDL Junior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    FYI: the reason i wanna use windows 8 is due to the fact it has better performance with the bulldozer amd cpu's aka my FX-6100 but i hate the metro (windows 8 ui lol)

2. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Then just stick with Classic Shell or replace explorer files.

3. jujutala

jujutala MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Thanks ozzfest, but it looks like to be a bug, not a real setting for aero! Isn't it? o_O

4. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    You mean glowed text(black text with white glow)?

Everything can be bone, but adding blur on solid colors, is just even useless, can give bad readability of the text, think that changing solid colors is different than on Aero window captions...
    As Canouna showed, if you change color to black, the titles disappear, the only way will be create a theme with white text(or giving high level ow white glow keeping black text), but will fit only on black and very dark color...

In my opinion, too much effort, is a OS which is merely customizable, ugly and unusable, i dunno think will be much businness around it(customization themes and tricks...)
    XP born with solid colors, there was a lot of marvellous themes, then there was a solution to port Aero on it(but some graphic cards and gpu blowed...)

So if new hardware will be 8 compatible, don't expect to have Aero effect or drivers working on it, because the manifacturers don't take this as windows feature
    If figured out, Aero can be enabled only on transition machines(where previous OS has fully WDDM drivers working on Aero)

As said before, this is a big step back in tecnology, Aero on nowadays PC's do not affect performance at all, neither boot time, so this is jist Microsoft fuglyness
    that will port a long battery life improvement on a battery working PC's to a desktops, which is a stupid and dumb idea!!

I spend a word about Apple(i hate it!!) but even their development distingues two different OSes,
    1 for Computers
    1 for Tablets and Smartphones

Microsoft is so dumb that will unify same os(at kernel version, Phone 8 and Windows 8 for apps compatibility) for tablets, Notebooks and Desktops even they do not have touch gestures...
    Every single smart man can understand that between a Desktop PC and a Tablet there is e enormous difference(even with the same usage), just entire Microsoft corporation thinks that is the same
    :aglerks::aglerks::aglerks:

5. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    #85 alien2xx, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    I think MS spent the last 3 year (since Windows 7 came out) working mostly and very heavily on OA3.0 as the main issue to cut on piracy, at the end of the 3 years they figured that they needed something (to look different.. and to justify the new sales) so they decided on what changes are to be done before release really quickly...so drop Aero seemed like a good idea at the time (since the RP still had it) and make some s***d start screen (Metro) just to justify the 'new' OS... some other changes here and there and done! you have Windows 8... which is basically Windows 7 with a facelift and some improvements.. look at the icons, desktop, etc... (I think these changes could have been done with an add-on or a service pack to Win 7).

I think is a half/cooked OS.. windows 9 should be better (once they learned about their mistakes on this release)... and while at it, they thought.. oh well lets make it the same look with the tablets (as well as the failed windows 7 phone - I don't see the faith of windows 8 phone being any different)....

Just my thoughts.. no flame intended just my point of view, nothing else...

Peace!

6. stonyi1

stonyi1 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    I used win 8 since the DP, then the cp, rp and finally the rtm. All along was hoping that Win 8 would be what all the hype was making it up to be. Today is 08/25/2012, I installed Win 8 Rtm on 08/15/2012. Last night I went back to Win 7, and will stay with Win 7 until Win 9 comes out. I am very disapointed with Win 8, it does not live up to my expectations. The so called improvments in speed aren't even noticeable on my Pc, and maybe I'm nuts but I want my eye candy. Win 8 is just to ugly! If Microsoft would have just left aero, and the desktop alone, I know myself and most likely a few million or so users would be happy to upgrade. Take a lesson Microsoft, "if it isn't broke don't fix it"!

7. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I was going to Upgrade to 8 so I could play with Hyper-V and Terminal Services Server. Now that everything is uglyfied, I have to go back to 7.

8. Rand

Rand MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2007
    Where did you read that?
    I've been glancing at their forums every so often looking for news on this but the developers comments have been pretty discouraging on the chances of seeing this implemented.

9. Rand

Rand MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2007
    Classic Shell/Explorer resolve UI complaints moreso then the purely aesthetic preference of Aero Glass. They don't really have much to do with one another.

10. Rakeesh

Rakeesh MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    Why do some people complain that other people don't like the UI of windows 8? May as well complain about people who like aston shell or litestep.

11. MinaJunior

MinaJunior MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I don't like this mod..it's a really mess.

12. athene

athene MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2012
    Wait for Stardock WindowBlinds 8 =p

13. badboy77

badboy77 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    i mean all of it, the glow on the text and the background

if you install Office 2010 on Windows 8, Word, Excel, etc have that titlebar effect regarless of your theme

Would be great if someone could make a theme reporducing that instead of the boring Solid Color that Windows 8 gives you

Has of Aero, honestly after some time using Win8 dont miss it

14. badboy77

badboy77 MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2008
    sadly my pc frayed and can't take other image (i'm using now a really old pc that dont even run win7 lol)

i dont mean only the text and the background on the text, lets separate this

1. the glow effect on the text (and the background of it)
    2. the rest of the image, the blue background changing from blue to white instead of the normal solid color of Windows 8

that's it, if anyone could make a theme to try to mimic that will really be nice instead of the boring Static background of win8 and also the simple color of the Caption

just that effect ported to all over win8 will be really nice and make win8 way better for not bering boring static color

15. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    In Windows 7 this will be a walk in the park(just Photoshop work, and some img replacements), but in Windows 8 theming things are different, there are still doubts and confusions on a new msstyle structure, most themers has no interest in Windows 8, lack of customization.... fugly useless no customizable full screen modern UI apps, neither resizeable.....(having a black theme, with a fullscreen app with white background and black text that do not react with a theme is nonsense...)
    I'm a beginner one of them, i do not have 8 installed, or better installed in a machine that i have to wipe out for 7, because i sell it.

Try to google it, there are few that customized some 8 RTM themes, ask them for that effect, it will be a good tip for new theme to develop :D

16. Scopeman

Scopeman MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #97 Scopeman, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    For transition you can use the Theme from the Windows 8 RP. Although that is not transparent, but it looks 100 times better than the RTM one and works without problems :)

datafilehost[dot]com/download-3570c614.html

17. luke7

luke7 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi Scopeman

A billion thanks, Now I can start using windows 8 with black border colors. :):)

18. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Can you post a picture of what it looks like? Do I need to be theme patched for this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. luke7

luke7 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Win8.jpg Here is a picture with black borders

Just take ownership of the theme folder. Backup old one and replase with the new one