Aero made possible in Windows 8 RTM?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by palbertsma, Aug 6, 2012.

1. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    #121 luke, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Yer that's why he noted only to be used with black coloring.

Code:
    This theme is made for dark grey/black colors only.

2. luke7

luke7 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    The theme has been updated, now you can use all colors for active windows/borders
    Inactive windows/borders are still dark grey/black

3. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    I cant get it to show up any idea? i have the UltraUXThemePatcher installed also.

4. magdalene

magdalene MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2012
    #125 magdalene, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    Oh I just did something incredibly stupid. Was surfing around just looking for ways to get "Aero" in Windows 8 (I am a girl, what can I say... I like Aero...).

Found this page that was saying "How to get Aero on Windows 8". Just download this file and run it... "
    I DID see that this Windows 8 pack or whatever it was called was aimed at Win 7 users, but I figured the person had tried it and found that it was working. Certainly I was not expecting this fix to break the Windows 8 completely, either way!

Ran the patch, rebooted as instructed and lo and behold. Windows is BLACK everything is gone. I can bring the Task manager up, and start a command prompt and some software. But not fore example Windows Explorer. "This app cannot run" (Is Windows explorer suddenly an "app?").

As I am typing this, I am running the sfc /scannow comman to see whether that repairs anything... However, there is a good chance this darn thing messed up the Registry too and there is no resetting that as far as I am aware....

Typing from my work laptop that fortunately was in my backpack.
    Any advise appreciated!!! :) Yes, I know I was very stupid.... :jumpon:

EDIT: sfc /scannow fixed the problem enough that I can get into Win Explorer and uninstall this software which seems completely useless btw. Thank goodness I had recently been on this forum and recalled the sfc /scannow command. And I wonder how MS can justify removing a nice feature like Aero. Muppets!

5. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I know it's somewhat late to point this out,but when you're experimenting with win 8,it's a good idea to use the 'Windows 7 File Recovery' (from Settings) to make a system image of your system partition - preferably to a USB hard drive,but even just another partition works fine.. This way you have a handy safety net if something goes horribly wrong (ie - my latest attempt to get Windows Media Center and keep my activation using online guides). Keep in mind,though - that such a system image isn't exactly small (in my case 60 gigabytes), but it's certainly a lifesaver

6. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007

Just use the windows 8 dvd and do a system restore to the last point before you applied the patch.

7. freevista

freevista MDL Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Same here.. It's a real downgrade to the looks of your desktop. It's silly how important that seems to be. Microsoft may even have sinister motives behind Aero removal. Seems like they want to make the 'legacy' desktop to look simple and boring so that the new 'modern UI' with their sandboxed walled garden apps looks as inviting as possible.

8. catsrv

catsrv MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2011
    Who have a win 8 build 8888? I think so it's dwm files is more compatibility than 8400 files

9. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    b8888 is actually SAME as b9200 :D

10. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Now someone just needs to get their hands on it and up it :biggrin:

11. john33john33

john33john33 MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2012
    1.jpg
    it is normal after dragging the window

12. Ed1H3r0

Ed1H3r0 MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2010
    As I read though the first page most of these guys are douchebags and wont help you.
    Just go to deviantart instead and ask around there.
    And to answer the question yes it is possible.