After fulscreen app\game crash.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ExtraDan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. ExtraDan

ExtraDan MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2011
    [sorry about my poor grammar.]

as you know, on windows xp, and windows 7... if you play a game on fullscreen, and it crash, the game will we closed and there gonna be a massage like "gamename.exe has stopped working - searching for solutions"... right? (or if it doesnt force closed by him self, yo can always delete the progress by hitting ctrl+alt+del keys and force close it from the task manager and back to your desktop easily.

but, on windows developer preview (yeah guys, i using this os for game.... working perfect, better and faster... good kernel.) when you play a game on a fullscreen, and its crashed by any possible reason to claim the game bugs, the game stuck on the last frame you was on before the game crash.. and you cant do nothing about it.
    why? cause there isnt a "gamename.exe has stopped working - searching for solutions" (troubleshooting progress), and if you hit alt+tab, the screen is black, same by hitting ctrl+alt+del.... you cant see nothing, just your mouse.

the only solution for this is a restart...

so, how could i make it work as the same progress that windows 7 do?
    i only want to back to my desktop without seeing a black screen on it.

thanks for the help, guys :D

btw, the crash are really rare in my wdp os... its crash only if there is a bug in the game that makes him crash.
    i really love this os for gaming.

-if you havent nothing better to say than saying "wdp is just a pre alpha s**t, if you want stable os, use windows 7", that not the reason i opened this thread.-

2. JamesG269

JamesG269 MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    I realize it's kinda late, but in case you still need help..I had this problem, it turned out to be an nvidia control panel setting issue, if you go to nvidia control panel->manage 3d settings->Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration, you need either compatibility mode or multi-gpu mode, I forget which one, just try both and see if the crashes go away. I ran into this problem because I always switch to single gpu mode when I install NV drivers, and for the longest time I couldn't figure out how to get the games to not do that unrecoverable crash..

3. ExtraDan

ExtraDan MDL Novice

Dec 18, 2011
    maybe late, but you helped me without claimng me using pre alpha windows, and thats what important!
    thanks a lot, but, its might be really late to help me with that cause today everyone will get the new shiney windows constumer preview.
    and the problem might be sloved there, but if it not, so i can try your solve on the new os :]