After M$ office 2013-msdn installation it still shows Preview pro plus,help?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by life, Nov 18, 2012.

1. life

life MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    #1 life, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Recently I've used Microsoft office 2013 preview plus, So when office 2013 MSDN comes out I uninstall the office preview pro plus version and download MSDN retail version and install it.
    After installation of MSDN version of Office 2013 Professional Plus I Permanently Activated it Over the Phone but Now I want the backup of my Office Suite.
    For Office Backup I use the Advanced Tokens Mangers v3.5 BETA 7 by Josh Cell,but ATM pop ups with error that your last 5 keys are not matching with Real keys.
    Although which key I've used for my Previous Office suite of Office 2013 Preview Pro Plus, It shows that key For My MSDN retail version of Office 2013 Pro Plus while I'm backing-up the Activation of WINDOWS 8 as well Office pro plus-retail,
    But to Activate MSDN retail version I never used that key which I used in Preview Pro Plus version,than why it shows me the Preview Plus keys in my retail office version,
    Advanced Tokens Manager v3.5 BETA 7 shows in config file the following :

Code:
    Product Version: Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and Microsoft Office Mondo 2013 Preview Build: 6.2 and 15 Architeture: x86 and x86 Detected Tokens CRC: ***** Detected Data CRC: ****** ~Product keys~ **************** **************** ​
    Experts kindly help me whats this ?
    While My Office 2013 Pro Plus-Retail is Permanently Activated over phone,
    I completely uninstalled Office Preview Pro plus version,
    Please help me regarding this Issue?
    Kindly tell also if I uninstall Current retail version of office pro plus after Backing-up, can I activate using new Retail of any other version than that of currently I've used?

2. life

life MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    not helping me ? :innocent:o_O

3. pramodm

pramodm MDL Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Your best bet will be to clean install your copy of Office 2013 on a fresh install of Windows 8.
    The registry entries may not be properly cleaned during the uninstall of the Preview edition.
    Due to this mix and match of various Office editions on the same PC, ATM will have trouble is backing up the right keys for the right edition.
    Not being blunt, but this is exactly what I did & everything worked flawless after that. :cool:

4. tgquan67

tgquan67 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Maybe you can use Volume Activation Management Tool 2.0 to see all licenses and remove one for the Preview before use ATM?
    You can find it easily with Google

5. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    No problem... Go ahead & backup activation & once done replace key with your key & test backup. ATM read key from registry & when activate by phone, system don't write to registry.

6. life

life MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    so my phone activation works no more if I reinstall office 365 OR does it will work?