After updates installed lost control

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by donzar9, May 1, 2014.

1. donzar9

donzar9 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2013
    Every time that make updates from windows 8 to windows 8.1.
    Some changes are made to my laptop, I cannot control the settings to my PC.
    Is it normal, or there is something I do not do or what.
    Please help me, so I wil downgrade to Windows 8 OEM that was installed when laptop (Toshiba) was bought !

thanks
    donzar9

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Is your windows still activated? If you didn't have control over the settings, normally it means that Windows ins't activated. Please post screenshots.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. my2cents

my2cents Guest

In addition to pisthai's concerns, you also need to make sure your laptop has been determined (by the manufacturer) to be upgradable to Windows 8.1. To do this, go to your manufacturer's website and look for any BIOS updates that may be applicable. In fact, some manufacturers even "require" a BIOS update even before attempting any upgrade to 8.1. You should also make sure that updated 8.1 drivers have also been made available and install them as required.

my2cents

4. donzar9

donzar9 MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2013
    Got a solution.
    I removed some updates from Toshiba one by one,and test my pc so when it was fonctionning correct, I stop to install updates from Toshiba support.
    By experience right now, I will never trust Toshiba telling me that some updates are essentials.

Now I know.
    Thanks for your support !

donzar9