All-in-One Streaming and WiFi Screen Mirroring solution form PC/SmartPhone to SmartTV

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Gemsite, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Gemsite

Gemsite MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2014
    Thought I should ask the experts from MDL :)

I am looking for a way to use my WiFi network to wirelessly mirror my PC Screen (or Mobile Screen) to my WiFi Smart TV (Samsung)...AND... be able to stream photos or videos. I have done some researches on the Web and seem to only come up with solutions for either:
    • Media Sharing ( via "shared folders" ) ... but no "screen mirroring" available.
    • Cloud-based solutions that use HDMI Dongles to interlink with Apps loaded on PC or Mobile.

Given that ALL the devices are available on the local LAN via WiFi, I have to assume there could be solutions that may simply use the local LAN and WiFi, without dongles or cloud ?

I want to be able to use the TV Screen for :
    • larger monitor from my Android or Apple Smart Phone
    • larger or extended monitor from my Win7 Laptops.
    • streaming video/movies from Laptops or NAS onto the WiFi TV.

1. Preferred solution : Does anyone know of such solutions that may simply rely on WiFi with Apps (for PC/Mobiles) and not require dongles or cloud?
    2. Alternatively, if dongles were the only option, any recommendations of best product for features and flexibility ?
    Ex: Mobizen ( mobizen.com )
    EZCast ( iezvu.com )
    ChromeCast ( chromecast )​

Thanks to anyone that can share their knowledge of best suited solution.

P.S. Am not a developer or coder... but am not shy of technical work that do not require an expert level of technical skills :)

2. xzonefilter

xzonefilter MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    windows only can cast video/audio using media streaming. it will be good if someone can create software can projecting computer to smart tv using media streaming connection.