All SLICs 2.x (Modded Bios List) - Note: For requests use 'Bios Mod Requests' section

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Yen, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDwarf

RedDwarf MDL Novice

May 22, 2008
    Why do you need the Asus 2.1 Slic? Surely, my Alienware 2.1 will work just as well and it has already been tested as working. All you need to do is remove the old windows activation/product key and instructions are included to do that and then re-activate using the supplied details.

I'm pretty sure that Asus don't make any PC's using this motherboard so there won't be any legitimate Asus OEM PC's which means using the Asus Slic is a red flag IMO. I did go over all the different slics and gave it a lot of thought and checked around for PC's and decided that Alienware was the best choice.

2. SignedAdam

SignedAdam MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2013
    My board wont let me do flash backs any more, I did try a lot of bios files on here, however none of them worked, now when I try and do a flash back, I unzip the file, place it on root of the fat32 usb drive, put the usb drive in the green outlined flashback plug, turn the computer off, press the button down for 3 seconds, and nothing happens, the light just stays on and does not flash the bios file, its driving me crazy, because I know for a fact it use to work with the same usb drive, the same way im trying now, the problem has started since I came to this forum and started trying to flash my bios with the files found on this forum, even the biso files from the asus websites wont flash, now, and even doing a cmos and memory reset, wont work, I've even downgrade to try and thing the problem, to no luck, the flash back has broken I think, the system can update the bios by the bios, but the file you supply does not pass the check, I feel great now that my systems flash back is broken now, everything else works, I can flash a bios in the bios its self,

if anyone can give me any support on how to fix it, now would be a great time because im upset, put 2 days and lots of hours in to this now, and nothing but a broken flashback has come of it,

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf MDL Novice

May 22, 2008
    I did have trouble with flashback at the beginning but now it works without a problem.

The bios filename is important! If it is not named correctly, it will not be detected and won't flash. The Asus supplied bios names will not flash using flashback. You need to rename the file to Z77VPR.CAP and that is how my bios file has been named. Shutdown the PC, leaving power connected but soft off and then insert the flash drive and press and hold the flashback button until the light begins to flash. If your flash drive has a light on it, it will flash while the files are reading. Leave it until all the lights go out and are off for several minutes.

Binary files can be named APTC022.ROM but you probably won't use those.

Remember to save ALL your bios settings before you do the flash!!!! Flashing will erase everything. I keep forgetting to save them and it requires lots of setting up which is a PITA.

4. warren

warren MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2008
    hi I am looking for a phoenix slic mod bios file for an acer x3200 to activate windows 7 the os is genuine but will not activate. and the phoenix mod don't work unless you have a dell computer can any one help please

5. SignedAdam

SignedAdam MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2013
    I use the program asus supply for renaming the bios files, ive been doing that, so i still have the same problem, the light just stays on, i left it all night and when i woke up, it was still on, it does not flash, it just stays lit, the lights Solid on, i've updated the bios by the bios, but nothings changed, i still cant use flashback, i've done a cmos rest, that does not fix it, nothing seems to be fixing it, i think the flash back uses its own chip on board, and the chip it uses, has got stuck, and wont refresh from the last flash, or the bios wont erase, when i put the usb in, i hear it using power when i press the button in, sometimes it flashs when i hold the button in, then as soon as i let go, it just stays solid as a rock!, you would need to pull the power,, because you will be waiting forever, as i said i left it all night, thats the best part of 7 to 9 hours, in other words, its broke,

if anyone knows of a program which erases the bios, and then flash's it with in windows, and it works on p8z77-v boards, please let me know, i need to erase that bios chip,

6. apiter

apiter MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2011
    HI can someone repost this Bios becouse DL-Link ist not avaliable any more.

Thanks in advance!

ps. Have found one Modded Version on Page 845 - Post#8448 by Serg008. Tested, its working.

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #13648 LatinMcG, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    that model is not usb flashback enabled.. no button on back is there ? i know the LX does not have it. yours might.
    i know cause i worked on a hackintosh build for a friend on a P8z77-V LX ( what is your model exactly?)
    but u probably got wrong name or a bad ramstick if it does have USB flashback

likely u have to use a special keystroke for recovery if it even works. (havent recovered these models)
    i however use a USB SPI programmer from a laptop to backup and reprogram chips when needed.

btw this is the all slic mods. not he bios recovery thread. i do however understand youre asking redwarf a question about the rename but if its bios recovery u might want to make a post with the full info.

9. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  10. bandolier.wz

bandolier.wz MDL BIOS/EFI Modifier

Nov 4, 2007
  11. RedDwarf

RedDwarf MDL Novice

May 22, 2008
    If he has the P8Z77-V Premium then it does have flashback, he couldn't of pushed the flashback button and it light up if it didn't have flashback so I think that it probably does.

Checking the filename on the flashdrive is the best option IMO to make sure everything is correct rather relying on some dumb program to do it for you. Check the filename is as I showed in my previous post. Also check that you don't have file extensions hidden or anything like that.

I agree that if he wants to continue discussing this and asking for suggestions then starting a thread about it is the best option. Maybe post a link here to where the thread continues.

12. SignedAdam

SignedAdam MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2013
    forums DOT mydigitallife DOT info/threads/48793-P8Z77-V-Premium-Flash-Back-Broken?p=815676#post815676

^- If anyone whats to continue the topic about "flashback" getting broken :mad:

NOTE : please copy and paste the link in to your address bar, after remove both the "DOT" and put "." in its place, then press enter,

13. cantator

cantator MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    Request Dell Inspiron 537 BIOS Mod

Humbly request mod for Dell Inspiron 537 BIOS version A03.

-Manufacturer: Dell
    -Motherboard Model: Inspiron 537
    -Bios revision: A03
    -Bios Type: American Megatrend
    -Bios Download Link: dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-537#
    -RW Everything Report Download Link: View attachment 24349

Thank you! :ufobeam:

14. Alex65

Alex65 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2013
    iRU intro 110

-MotherboardManufacturer and Model : iRU intro 110
    -Bios Revision : 4.6.5
    -Bios Type :AMI EFI ( Phoenix )
    -Bios SLIC : need 2.1 windows7
    -Bios Link : yadi.sk/d/0mRiZRaLAJg69

-rw data: yadi.sk/d/rI1wGg_1AJfH5

Thank you very much

15. flamel94

flamel94 MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2013
    Hi, can you send me a modded bios for my 1215n?

16. bandolier.wz

bandolier.wz MDL BIOS/EFI Modifier

Nov 4, 2007
    #13659 bandolier.wz, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. cochin

cochin MDL Member

Jul 12, 2013
    #13660 cochin, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017