All windows 8 doubts clear

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by whizkidraj, Oct 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. whizkidraj

whizkidraj MDL Giveaway Organiser

Apr 6, 2012
    thank you steven4554 sir, please can u suggest me which version would be better volume or retail key so that no problems happen to activate windows 8 and download further windows updates.
    volume or retail :confused:
    So after u suggest which key to use i would use the pro version key other than core since pro is better than core right and then from volume or retail as u all suggest which is better
    and the key is in the step 4 of 4 of the official windows 8 repository post RIGHT?. only one common key for everyone 1 to install windows 8. Will it not be blacklisted since it might be used by so many ppls to install their windows 8
    :rolleyes::tea:

2. Pr3acher

Pr3acher MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Hi, these keys simply allow you to install W8. It doesn't activate Windows 8.

3. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    Grrr u're angrying me now Pr3acher. I didn't said give me a key to activate windows 8. U can read my post above i have asked for which key to use and can it be blacklisted since many users might have used this key to install and not activate win 8. Please reply to what I've asked in my above post.

4. c3po

c3po MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2009
  5. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    I'm asking for they key to install win 8 and u r saying to activate use this kms and all. Will see this all later but firse tell me which key to use for my iso please read my posts. Retail or volume which key should i use from the official windows 8 repository post. To installlllllllll not to activateeeeee. Grrrr :busted_red::busted_red::busted_red:

6. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    @steven4554 said this
    Plus, if you enter a retail key obviously Win8 will be installed using the RETAIL channel, and if you enter a VL key the same will happen, it will install using the KMS_CLIENT channel.
    So which 1 would be better and easy to activate please tell me that u all r saying kms kms so is the volume 1 better and easy to activate :rolleyes:

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    If you want to do KMS activation only, use the VL key. If you want to do the trick with the WMC, you need to install the retail first and then change into VL, activate and then you can run the free key from Ms to get it finally legit. Where is your problem?

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    Ok so I'll use the retail key then install windows 8 then to activate windows 8 I'll enter the windows media center key which i got from Microsoft since they are giving it for free i saw it om Windows8TMHacks this youtube user's channel. U all can check his windows 8 pro activate with media center there he has given the link for free media center keys and i've got one in my email
    SO installing windows 8 pro with retail key from step 4 o 4 of the official windows 8 repository post then will activate it with windows media center key which i got in my email i asked microsoft for. So please reply if all these steps are right and I've understood all these things correctly

10. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    kms is not legal right its a activation server type of something and might not be legit but activation through windows media center key would be legal and would get us all Microsoft future updates and activated forever and i've read that kms activation is only of 180 days or 365 dayss etc etc daysss.. So windows media center is forever right. Please reply if i'm right or wrong @ what i said

11. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    You have to activate (KMS) first before continuing with WMC-Key. With this WMC-Trick we were a step ahead..:D. Just look at second Link in my signature :cool:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Why you think KMS is not legal? The entire industry would use illegal PC if it were illegal. The beauty of first activating via KMS and then using the WMC key gets you legal as well and the benfit is that you do not have to reactivate every 180 days as usual on ALL KMS machines

13. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    A full explained video would be more helpful and understandable coz right now I'm still confused with these wmc and kms thing since i'm new to this win 8 OS. Please make a step by step video for how to install or even u have very less time then only how to activate windows 8 all versions 32 bit and 64 bit. Thanks :eek:

14. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    A video for these few steps? are you serious?:eek:

15. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    Sorry PaulDesmond sir, please treat me as a little kid trying to learn about all this. I didn't mean to annoy any1 here. :weeping::weeping:

16. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    When I was born, I woke up suddenly and knew everything about PCs. I did not read manuals or online tutorials etc. It just was in my brain from the beginning ...
    Just kidding: Read, read read and learn. That's the way to go my friend

17. whizkidraj

Apr 6, 2012
    Ok will install windows 8 and try my best to activate it with the steps u have mentioned first with kms and then wmc. Thanks guys for ur time and helping me and such useful guidance. But again i would suggest a video would be more helpful and would be a blockbuster type like films. Thanks again to all of u :)

18. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    The best way to learn is by making mistakes ;) - good luck

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    open command prompt and type "slmgr -xpr" without quotes, it should show permanent activation if WMC was installed and the free key entered correctly.

I just had to read this whole thread.

I love happy endings LOL!