Amd am4

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by double_kill, Mar 22, 2016.

1. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    sooooo i read it was supposed to launch kinda early in march but its the 22nd now and i haven't really heard anything except for the new Athlon 880k and A10-7890k being released...

anything i'm missing here? :confused:

2. EmmaRoyd

EmmaRoyd Guest

not a sausage, just rumours and guesses but i heard it was end of march. i am waiting for an excavator apu(possibly bristol ridge) ahead of a zen apu

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Better a bit delay instead of getting faulty Hardware! Or am I wrong?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EmmaRoyd

EmmaRoyd Guest

#4 EmmaRoyd, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
    i cannot see it being faulty, like all things, it takes as long as it takes. although i have read that the boards 'are' coming at the end of march, i have not read anything as to when the am4 cpus/apus are coming, and what they are. am4 cpus/apus are possibly bristol ridge(excavator core) but who knows, there is nothing concrete yet. hopefully when the boards come out, cpus/apus will not be far behind and if they are excavator core(the new 880k is excavator(?)), then they seem somewhat better than kaveri/godavari.

5. EmmaRoyd

EmmaRoyd Guest

new 16.3.2 chipset driver package is out today.

to quote the release notes for the usb3 drivers

'AMD USB 3.0 drivers for Hudson-3/Bolton/Kabini/Mullins/Carrizo/Bristol/Stoney family chipsets'

Bristol, Stoney, bristol ridge and stone(y?) ridge?

oo