AMD Athlon II X4 645 and (patched) Windows 11 (OS not found)

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by itsmemario1, Apr 22, 2022.

1. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    From hairlinecrack to funny acting USB ports, fancy capacitor effects...old hardware never fails to dissapoint... :'D

And sometimes poitning at one issue, means the next is already on its way.
    Often enough such old devices simply stopped booting and sometimes it is not worth digging any deeper. Its served its purpose long enough.

If I have the time and someone is looking for a free PC...why not. I love messing with retro PCs, digging out all the old problems once again...combining it with Windows 11 ! :p

No need for hard feelings, as I wrote, its a piece of crap PC not worth anyones time...but thats what I love about mdl, people often jump in to support your messy plan anyway. ;D

2. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    Don't throw the comp away maybe down the line you land another machine with similar specs and you swap out parts and get it running.;)

3. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Hehe, if its not a container from the government or a big school, filled with 100 identical machines, ready for getting dumped, the chances to get your hands on a similar old PC are quite rare out there these days.

But yes, as long as it works, making somone become a 1st time computer users, dont throw it away.

4. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    Well, try use SATA PCI or PCI-E Card that support drivers.. I try old machine with Windows 11 clean install and I got to work, it's kinda tricky to cheat out with Windows 11 bypass TPM and CPU scripts.. AT LEAST 4GB Ram should work, but lag.. IF you darn lucky find 8GB you are ok!! Just need play with it..

ATGPUD2003

5. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    Ya additional PCI cards are indeed sometimes a nice solution (circumvention) for older devices. :)

But still, now and then, especially on ancient notebooks, with SSD and 8GB of RAM, you dont really feel any super-boost anymore,
    compared to a 7200 RPM HDD and 4GB of RAM.

6. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    This thread has me fascinated. Win11 on a really old machine. I have a few old lappys. Even older than the ones I have Win11 running perfectly on. Decided to try it. Puters are fun to play with.Yes?