AMD Athlon XP 2400 not recognised on KOB SiS740 FDMx

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by johnmsavio, Jul 6, 2009.

1. johnmsavio

johnmsavio MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2009
    I got this board with a processor on board and the cpu got damaged some how and I had a spare Athlon XP 2400 lying around. It shows as a Athlon XP 1800 and also runs at 1.5 GHz, whereas it is capable of 2.0 GHz. In the bios there is no option in the CPU parameters to change the CPU clock or FSB. Also I am presently on 1280x1024 resolution and my lcd supports 1440x900. If somebody could post a solution would be great help. Thanks in advance.

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #2 911medic, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    Are you sure it supports the cpu..I am not familiar with this type of board.

Another good question would be how did the other cpu get damaged, and did it take any MB circuit with it???

EDIT: After some research.. would say the board doesntnot support the XP 2400. Most go to XP 2100 max..But info is scarce on these boards...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. johnmsavio

johnmsavio MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2009
    HMonk: The link to the site is dead for almost a year now. It is a bios limitation because the board came with an Athlon processor and the processor got fried actually, there was a problem with the heat sink and fan. Although that is resolved now. in the bios there is a tab, CPU parameters, it seems like locked. If anyone could please mod the bios for me. Thanks in advance.

5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    What link is dead? I, again, just visited both sites via the links I provided. :confused:

Who manufactured your mobo - should be stamped on the board in rather large letters?

Monk

6. johnmsavio

johnmsavio MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2009
    HMonk: The downloads to the bios in the link that you have provided is down. the board is manufactured my Mercury. If someone could tell me a way to extract the bios from the board, it would be really helpful.

7. Delboy

Delboy MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2009
  8. johnmsavio

johnmsavio MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2009
    Hey thanks for the link....will try it out and reply. Again, thanks a lot.