AMD reveals Windows 10 will launch in late July

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by robmadden1, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I don't know how I feel about this. It means they can skimp on features and be very lax on the feature set.

2. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    #22 orlaf, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    You're right, white icon with single color give high contrast with a bunch of specific wallpapers, so the result isn't real good.

And right, it would be good on a live tile, however i know that last actual icon is a part of a complete icon set, but the real question is when this will be fully implemented? I hope that build conference will clarify this point.

3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    This is why I keep saying that the Windows 10 theme sucks. I guess I'll have to say it again... the windows 10 theme sucks. Its like watching my desktop reach down and run android because MS feels like I need to defile my computers with its minimalistic design.

4. mobtus

mobtus MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2014
    I think it's safe to assume a full icon set will be implemented for Build. The only reason why they changed the recycle bin to the newest one is because everyone hated the temporary one. Since we've already seen an image of the icon set implemented, they have the icons. They're either waiting to implement them fully or they're going to come out with a whole new set.

5. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    #25 MELERIX, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    I doubt about that because there are still some critical bugs that have been reported from build 9841 and that still are not fixed, for example with integrated graphic cards in some notebooks/laptops, or sound card issues reported from 9879 and that still are not fixed.

6. xomniversex

xomniversex MDL Member

Sep 20, 2012
    #26 xomniversex, Apr 21, 2015
    WAY too early! It needs at least 1-2 years of development before it even reaches beta status, let alone RC status and RTM!

This is gonna flop even worse than Windows 8. A quarter baked OS being shipped out while its still alpha quality.

It'll be buggier than Windows ME if they release it in July.

Technically, 10100 is not much newer than 1006x... They jumped ahead 40 build numbers but did not actually have 40 new builds of Windows 10 in between. It went from 1006x to 10100 on BuildFeed.

7. Shadykillas

Shadykillas MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #27 Shadykillas, Apr 21, 2015

lol I wouldn't call it buggier then ME not at this point. Don't get me wrong I am worried about them releasing in July as I feel that will be too early. That being said I guess we will know when the time comes and no I don't think they need another year or two to make this a good OS.

As for the build numbers we are only seeing things from some of the branches. The reason (if I had to make a guess) for going from 1006x builds to 101xx builds are that they merged or added in features from other branches that may have progressed their own build numbers way past 1006x so to merge those things and get everyone on a common build number from those branches as they are merged into the main branch they moved to build numbers 101xx. This could mean we will see some drastic things being different in those builds to features and who knows what all. All that being said it is just a guess if I had to make one and that is really all we are doing at this point even with build numbers as we only see the progress of a few streams at best.

8. shawnmos

shawnmos MDL Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Who cares about the stupid recycle bin? My concern is the UI is half baked, just like Win 8.0 was out the door. However the difference is Win 8.0 at least made sense on touch. Win 10 completely destroys the touch interface. So now my touch laptop and tablet can't get this update unless I want a worthless POS UI. Don't see how they are going to be able to push the surface 4 with this terrible UI. Hopefully they fix it next year with 10.1, but maybe they should stop releasing this crap early and just wait till next year for a nice polished UI.

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    So Microsoft will release Win 10 in its' current state (half-baked, as some say) for free, force everybody to update, wipe out all of the piracy (yeah...right) and then charge an exorbitant amount of money for 10.1, if you want everything to work and look nice.

I can't wait to see how this plays out...
    :popcorn:

(Anybody have any Organic soda pop?)

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. FunkyMike

FunkyMike MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Colour me crazy but my bigger question is on what this AMD conference call looked like.

Do they really think they can fix their GPU drivers up in just 3 months time?!

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @FunkyMike: I think We're gonna' need more popcorn...

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    We are going to need a lot of popcorn this go round.

Can we start taking bets on how it will go?

13. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    So will they release windows 10 in September or not?