AMI bios option ROM modding [old title: Intel ICH9R 7.6.0.1011 rom]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maf, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Ourasi

Ourasi MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2009
    Found an MSI G45M wich contained Option ROM v8.8.0.1009, managed to extract it and successfully mod my Asus Maximus Formula X38 ICH9R, and it works like a charm.....

2. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    thanks, works on my rampage formula as well. If someone needs rampage formula bios with ich_8.8.0.1009, jmb_1.07.04 and dell 2.1 SLIC (give new asus slic ok?), tell me and ill upload somewhere.

3. p4spooky

p4spooky MDL Addicted

Mar 9, 2008
    Hi SoLar:

Could you please upload the Rampage bios please?

4. omiez

omiez MDL Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Hello Tormento

For the P5Q Deluxe 2201 did you use Dell 2.1 Slic ?

At the moment i am using Asus 2.0 Slic. If i Flash your new Bios can i use the Flashtool from Bios ?
    Can you please give a link to 2.1 Certs from Dell and HP please and tell me how to proceed and which serial i must use? Tnx

5. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007
    Newer ROM can use the TPM module that is optional on some Asus board. If installed it can realtime encrypt the disks.
    Those are the newer ROM I replaced in the original bios, i.e. intel and marvell controller firmware.

6. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007
    I base my modded bios on some available slic injection I find. The ones I have found are the dell.
    Yes, I use it too.
    I am currently using win7 and they are not available yet. You must wait or look somewhere on the forum, there is an thread about that.

7. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007
    Unfortunately I don't own SAS drives (hint: offers welcome ;) ) and I can't reproduce your error.

I am currently writing from a P6T Deluxe v1, with the same bios as the one I posted, and everything works well. It's even a greatly overclocked system.

The modded Option ROM doesn't "flash" in any way the controller chip, it is dinamically loaded during POST operations so, using an older bios, gives automatically the older Option ROM.

Moreover, the Marvell ROM I used is the SATA one and doesn't influence the SAS controller at all (AFAIK).

The only thing you could try is to use the older, official one bios. If it doesn't work, believe me, the problem must reside somewhere else. A solution could be zero erase the SAS drives, since the controller writes some values when creating the RAID volume and probably they have been corrupted.

8. Sebastiii

Sebastiii MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    Hi Tormento,

Thx for your answer, and yes, i have just reflash older bios and no bug, my last bios i use is 1102, so maybe with more recent official bios the bug comes.

So i'll try all version off bios to see when the bug appear.
    On my SAS drive, it's my system so i must made backup before init drive.
    Big thx again and i post any news :)

Bye

9. Sebastiii

Sebastiii MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    Hi,

I have no resolve my pb, but i have tested this :

All official bios to 1504 -> OK
    With official bios 1605 and 1606 -> BUG

I have see when i flash H01 B71 -> BUG
    If it's under it's work.

The strange PB is if i remove SAS DRIVE (but ROM enable in BIOS) -> BUG
    I have also remove all other card but i have keep Graphics CARD.

So i think you can reproduce the BUG in enable SAS with ROM in BIOS because without drive, it's stop after testing when it try to found drive.

Can you patch the 1504 with the lastest ICHR10 and MARVEL and DELL Slic 2.1, to see if it's bug too ?

Thank you in advance.

PS : BIOS SAS : 3.1.0.12
    AND MARVEL 1.1.0.L72A

10. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007
    Go to the appropriate thread (Ami Bios req) and ask for a slic 2.1 modded bios. When available tell me and I'll mod it for you ;)

11. Sebastiii

Sebastiii MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    Thx you, i have made my request to add SLIC 2.1 dell on 1504 :)

12. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007