AMI bios option ROM modding [old title: Intel ICH9R 7.6.0.1011 rom]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maf, Nov 24, 2007.

1. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Where is that controller?
    i dont believe that sony would spend money ro order more different southbridges to implement into same model of vaio? I believe they just turned it off
    i managed to unhide raid option to show intel option room screen to enter utility but nothing showed up
    i changed settings from ahci to raid nothing hapenned after flash..logo didnt sgowed up

2. Fernando 1

Fernando 1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    You are not able to update a PCI ROM module, which is not inside your BIOS.
    The PCI ROM with the Vendor and Device ID 8086-2822 can only be used for an on-board Intel AHCI/RAID Controller, but the PCI ROMs of your BIOS with the Device IDs 0106, 1502 and 1503 have nothing to do with any SATA Controller. The PCI ROM modules 8086-1502 resp. 8086-1503 are for the Intel LAN Controller.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Uuuu poor. I'm using Intel SATA controller from 6 series, I thought if one guy here was using an ASUS laptop maybe I could do the same. I don't have Intel LAN Controller, it's Realtek controller, WiFi comes from Atheros.

4. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You can't enable RAID if you don't have hardware controller, in Windows 7 or 8 you can maybe software mirroring, nothing more. I was also disappointed with my lappy, I have two disk installed, one SSD and other HDD.

5. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    what u mean hardware controller ?? thwre is no like on desktop another module which u stick in pcie slot .. in laptop is different it on the motherboard already ..

6. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
    @ EthosX:
    Please give us the name of your Sony system and a link to the latest BIOS. Then I will look inside the BIOS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
  8. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
  9. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
  10. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    So I can't upgrade SATA AHCI firmware either?

11. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
    Maybe Sony has blocked the RAID option. It is no problem to update the Intel RAID ROM module by using the Aptio UEFI MMTool, but I have no idea how to get RAID working with your system.

The Intel AHCI firmware usually is within the Intel RAID ROM module or depends on it. Since there is no Intel RAID ROM module within your BIOS, I don't see any chance for an update.

12. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Thing is sony they are cheeky or it is just done by model number of laptop ..
    It depends of model number I think .. When performing bios update the flashing utility detecting model number of laptop and it will set settings by model number .. And probably will prohibite installing and enabling RAID .. what do u think?

13. Winter

Winter MDL Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Last question, are you Fernando from nforcershq.com? You modded nForce drivers there.