AMI bios option ROM modding [old title: Intel ICH9R 7.6.0.1011 rom]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maf, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Fernando 1

Fernando 1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    That seems to be possible for me.
    Yes, that's me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
    No, I have no experience with that sort of manipulation.
    Nevertheless I wish you good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. calvinclien

calvinclien MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2012
    My computer always open on Bios Mods. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

4. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
    This is not easy to understand. Please explain, what you mean, and give some short informations about your system (chipset, OS etc.)

5. Wishbringer

Wishbringer MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    You googled for photos, I googled further for specs:
    It seems to be an ICH9m Southbridge.

I mean to remember that ICHxR have RAID and ICHx (without R) doesn't have RAID support.

6. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi Fernando
    Wanted ask ; what is the benefit upgrading Intel RAID Option ROM ?
    When I had Vaio model with RAID and I have installed 4 SSDs I couldn't create RAID 0 from 4 drives it wont let me select all four only 2 .. Do you know why?
    Will upgrading Option ROM solve this ? I will be able to

7. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
    Why do you use actual drivers and flash a new firmware? It has always the same reason: The users want all known issues of the previous versions to be solved, furthermore the newest technical features and the best possible performance.
    Maybe your Vaio had only 2 Intel SATA ports.
    Maybe it will, but I am not sure about that, because it depends on the hardware of your system as well.

8. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Fernando no ..
    This Vaio AW has 4 SATA ports ..
    I have removed crappy DVD and installed optibat .. and + one bay ssd and second bay is dual SATA .. so 4 altogether .. as u can see above picture .. from 3 years back
    But I cannot make RAID from 4 drives only from two drives each .. so dual RAID 0

9. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi noo ..
    That picture is 3 years old ..
    I had sony vaio with RAID support but I sold it .. I mentioned it earlier before ..
    NOW I was trying to find out if SONY didtn disabled it on others Vaio AW models .. OR it is just simply not there .. you know there are probably 15 Vaio AW models and only two or three of them supports RAID and motherboard is TOTALLY COMPLETELY identical ..

10. Fernando 1

Jul 26, 2011
    If you never have updated your storage driver, you will not get a performance boost by updating the related ROM module. On the other hand you will get the best results by using a RAID driver and ROM module of the same version line (e.g. Intel RST v11.5.x.xxxx).

11. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Or probably I will be able to select higher strip ? max was 128kb in new could be 256k or 512k ? :)

12. gpvecchi

gpvecchi MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Any news on 11.6.0.1702 OROM?

13. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    The latest stable version is 10.8.0.1003 (17 October 2011). The latest testing version is 11.5.0.1347 Alpha [12] (01 August 2012). Note: these versions do not support ICH8 controllers. The 11.5.0.1347 is the release that allows TRIM commands to be read by the RAID controller. You can see the latest Beta drivers and ROM's at Station Drivers dot com. The Intel RAID ROM is the firmware in the motherboard BIOS that is used to create the RAID array.

14. EthosX

EthosX MDL Junior Member

Aug 15, 2012
    news? check intel.com :)